The 911 tape:

http://currentworldnews.net/2007/09/...-night-before/

Fort Campbell soldier's ex-wife found slain
Associated Press

The children of a Fort Campbell soldier were left inside a home in central Kentucky after his wife and her former mother-in-law were shot to death, according to a 911 call released today.

The 911 call was made by one of the three children who were in the home, who said a man with a gun killed his mother Monday night in Rineyville, about 35 miles south of Louisville.

ADVERTISEMENT

State police continued to search for suspects today. No one has been charged in the shooting deaths of Tracy D. Burke, 31, and her former mother-in-law, Karen D. Comer, 53.

Burke's 9-year-old son called police on Tuesday to say that his mother and grandmother had been killed the night before. The recording of the call was released today.

"Somebody broke into our house last night and I don't know who it was, but they killed everybody here, except for my sister and my brother and me," the boy told a police dispatcher during the 911 call. "There was a guy with a pistol or some kind of gun and he came in and shot my mother and my grandma."

Police said the women had been dead overnight.

All three children were found unharmed and were placed in the care of a crisis intervention team.

The father of the oldest child is Comer's son, Kurt Comer, who is stationed at Fort Lewis, Wash., state Trooper Steve Pavey said. The father of the two younger children, Brent Andrew Burke, is stationed at Fort Campbell, Pavey said.

A report from the Clarksville Police Department dated May 26, 2007, shows domestic trouble between Tracy Burke and her husband, Brent Burke. According to the report, the Burkes "had a verbal argument." Both gave written statements that no physical abuse occurred.

According to court documents, the couple had filed divorce papers on May 30, and the final divorce hearing was to be held Friday.

Pavey said Kurt Comer, who also lived at the house, was not considered a suspect. A truck driver, Comer was informed of the killings while he was on the road and arrived at the home Tuesday afternoon.

The results of an autopsy had not been released today.