Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO

Cop Plots to kill Cops

Suspended cop accused of planning murder-for-hire

By Kevin Roy

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sec...cal&id=5676468 (Video)

September 26, 2007 (CHICAGO) - New charges have been filed against suspended Chicago Police officer Jerome Finnigan. Federal authorities say Finnigan tried to hire someone to kill a fellow police officer.

The charges against Jerome Finnigan were already very serious. The former Chicago Police officer is at the center of a corruption probe. Now, Finnigan is accused of trying to hire a hitman to take out one or even several of his former colleagues, who were also on the Chicago Police Department's special operations team. "When the person who seeks to hire someone to kill a witness against him is a police officer, it doesn't get anymore serious than that," said Patrick Fitzgerald, US attorney.
    The feds say they have unraveled a murder-for-hire plot hatched by a former Chicago Police officer.
    Agents arrested 44-year-old Jerome Finnigan outside his Southwest Side home Wednesday morning after allegedly capturing cell phone conversations in which Finnigan and "cooperating witness number two" -- also a former Chicago Police officer -- discuss hiring street gang members to kill another former officer, "cooperating witness number one," for $5,000.
    In recordings made last week, prosecutors say Finnigan refers to the planned hit as a "paint job."
    Finnigan and five other members of an elite Chicago police unit, the SOS team, were arrested last year for allegedly shaking down drug dealers.
    Finnigan was in court Wednesday, his ankles in shackles. Neither he nor his defense attorney would make any comment. But prosecutors say further charges may be coming.
    In the recordings, Finnigan allegedly talks about taking out several other officers who he thought were cooperating with authorities.
    "There were three other police officers that he believed to be cooperating in the investigation and he talked about killing them as well," Fitzgerald said.
    Chicago Police Interim Superintendent Dana Starks released a statement saying: "Today's federal arrest further illustrates that the public's trust cannot be violated. No one is above the law, especially a police officer and misconduct on any level will not be tolerated."
    "This is another chapter in a truly sordid story," said Richard Devine, Cook County state's attorney.
    In court Wednesday, prosecutors urged the judge to keep Finnigan in jail until Monday because they said there could be further charges between now and then that could influence his decision on the matter of bond. The judge complied.
    Meanwhile, the feds say they still have an ongoing investigation into the original corruption probe. No word on when charges might stem from that probe.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Thanks Mr. Finnigan but we are running out of eyes to blacken. You POS!
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You gotta be kidding.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

keith720 is online now Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    This guy was employed by the Chicago P.D., but in my opinion, was never a cop. He is a criminal, pure and simple. I hope his butt gets reemed out big enough to smuggle a cantalope after he gets sent away.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    That guy sounds like a real piece of shit...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo
    Amazing.....he needs to be delt with harshly, once he is in prison, the word needs to be passed along that he once thought he was a cop...the inmates will fix him up real good..
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Thread Information