Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

ACLU Calls for Police Review Board

http://www.wlbt.com/global/story.asp?s=7133590

In recent weeks, Jackson police have used deadly force on two occasions where African-American males have died. That has prompted a renewed call by the ACLU of Mississippi for a Civilian Police Review Board to monitor the actions of the Jackson Police Department.
    The latest incident occurred Sunday when 28 year-old Roy Bradley was shot and killed by Jackson Police after a traffic stop. Also, Nsombi Lambright says an ACLU worker was arrested for trying to monitor police activity. She says Brent Cox asked a police officer, who had questioned a man, for her name and badge number. The officer refused; called for backup and Cox was charged with two misdemeanors.
    Lambright says,"We think that some citizens oversight, some non-partison oversight, would also be an effective tool so that we can all be trustful of one another and keep them accountable and also hold ourselves accountable."

http://www.wlbt.com/global/video/pop.../&rnd=10664728
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

So Fla Cop is offline Trunk Monkey Supporter
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    In recent weeks, Jackson police have used deadly force on two occasions where African-American males have died.
    Yeah, so?
    The ACLU is a terrorist organization funded by US taxpayers.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO

ACLU "board" or "Peoples Court"???

Step right up Comrades, Peoples Court is in session.

The Bible will be replaced by a copy of Mao's little red book, or a copy of Karl Marx' "Das Kapital". ...nothing but the truth?? It is still OK to lie. The Judge can instruct the Court....Hmm whats the hammmer and sickle doing on that flag pole??

Jesse Jackson can be the Clerk, that position holds the court money. Only a racist would check his pockets as he leaves for the day.

Bill Clinton can be the "Judge", provided he gets re-instated to the Bar of some client state. Female litigants will have the option of settling their case in "Judges" Chambers. No briefs (above the ankles), just oral arguments. In the spirit of "fairness", lies will be given the same weight as the truth.

Janet Reno for Bailiff. Who would want to fight the former AG and knuckle dragger alligator wrestler. She can stomp your butt into the floor with her "sensible shoes".

Chucky Schumer for prosecutor. He doesn't get confused by fact.

Hillary may appear "of counsel" to tell Bill what to do. Broken furniture will be added to Court costs.

Witnesses. Don't need any. Those that appear will be excused to a nearby public park to assume ambient temperature.

Evidence is inconvenient and because you are always right - who needs to be confused by admissability and relevance side issues. Remember the end justifies the means.

Rules / Conduct in Court. Smoking: No unless you share your stash with the officers of the Court. Eating: only if your stash is baked into brownies. Drinking: ok as long as you share with Bill. Lying: so what? Presumption of innocence: huh? Jury: as long as they have their Party cards and paid up dues. LEO's must surrender their sidearms at the"gun buy-back" in the courthouse lobby.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That's fine, but only if we get to form an ACLU Review board made of cops and people with common sense. We'll see how far that goes.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    That's fine, but only if we get to form an ACLU Review board made of cops and people with common sense. We'll see how far that goes.

LMAO!!!

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

PeterJasonMN Guest
    If I posted what should happen to the people at every ACLU HQ, not only would it violate TOS, it would probably shut down the entire internets for about 3 days.

Thread Information