Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Copper51 is offline Up all night

Airport to make stalls less inviting

A senator gets caught and now they are trying to fix the problem. They will just move to a different bathroom.

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) - The crowded airport bathroom where Sen. Larry Craig was arrested is about to become an even less-inviting place for a rendezvous.
    Airport officials plan to put in new stall dividers just 2 to 3 inches above the floor, instead of as much as a foot now. The new dividers will go in two bathrooms where the airport has had complaints about sex, including the one where Craig was arrested.
    An undercover police officer said Craig tapped his feet and swiped his hand under the divider in a way that signaled he wanted sex. Craig has denied that and is seeking to withdraw his guilty plea to a misdemeanor charge of disorderly conduct.
    Police reports from other arrests this summer described several men who ducked their heads under the dividers into adjoining stalls, allegedly in search of sex.
    The airport has more than 80 bathrooms, but "these two have been the most problematic in terms of complaints from people and indications on Web sites that sexual activities are occurring in them," said airport spokesman Patrick Hogan.
    He said the dividers will be installed within the next two months.
    Both bathrooms are in the busy Northstar Crossing area of the airport, and they had a reputation on some Web sites as good places for bathroom liaisons. Hogan said airport officials read those Web sites to see whether their bathrooms are still popular - and activity has dropped off considerably since Craig's arrest.
    One of the people arrested over the summer told police he had four sexual encounters in three hours, and it was only on his fifth approach that someone objected, Hogan said.
    The airport will spend an estimated $25,000 installing the new dividers. Putting them in every airport bathroom would cost about $1 million, Hogan said.
    "It is unfortunate to look at having to spend $1 million on something that wouldn't be necessary if people simply behaved themselves," he said.

(Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)
    The statements and opinions made here are of Copper51's only. They do not reflect my department or the city I work for.
    So lay off, I'm offduty and spouting off.

Michelle is offline Civilian
    Good grief! A million dollars?! Blocking with cement would be cheaper.

Tony is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
    Good grief! A million dollars?! Blocking with cement would be cheaper.
    What, each pervert? You might have something there, it worked for the Mafia!!

Really . . . try barbed wire on the bottom of the doors!?!?!

Operator13 is offline Just Another Voice
    The airport will spend an estimated $25,000 installing the new dividers. Putting them in every airport bathroom would cost about $1 million, Hogan said.
    "It is unfortunate to look at having to spend $1 million on something that wouldn't be necessary if people simply behaved themselves," he said.

ONE MILLION DOLLARS ? Sheesh, how many more cops could you hire with that kind of money?

Don't you think an over-all higher police presence would do more to catch the perverts?
    "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."

Tony is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Operator13 View Post

ONE MILLION DOLLARS ? Sheesh, how many more cops could you hire with that kind of money?

Don't you think an over-all higher police presence would do more to catch the perverts?
    Yes.

But since when do they use logic???

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Logic, who said we had to use that?

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Another reason I don't like to poop in public restrooms. You never know who's going to stick their feet and hands underneath your stall.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    There is no common sense at the MAC. Trust me...I've worked there for 5 years.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    All I've ever worried about is someone reaching under the stall and snatching one of my bags if I've had to use the restroom while shopping and have to set my bags on the floor.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Just wallpaper the insides of all the stalls in dudes' crappers with pictures of vaginas. That would probably kill the super hot man-on-man action in these places....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Thread Information