Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lynnz05 is offline Corporal

Two High School Students Killed in Crash

Today they confirmed information that Koval was going 98-100mph when he lost control of the vehicle.

Two High School Students Killed in Crash
    Link to the Story

Sioux Falls Police say they believe 17-year-old Artyom Koval was driving south near 33rd Street and Sycamore Avenue when he lost control and spun into a pickup heading north. Koval and his passenger, 15-year-old Ashleigh Mauseth both reportedly died at the scene.
    Police are still waiting for dental records before confirming the dead because on impact, the car burst into flames, leaving the two students almost unrecognizable. But family, friends, and classmates are certain Ashley Mauseth and Artyom Koval were involved in Friday night's crash. And now they're struggling with that reality.
    Last night, just after 9 P.M., Alan Whitcomb was already mourning the death of good friend, Artyom Koval.
    "He was a good person overall, you know. Hard worker at about everything he does. Put his mind into everything," said Alan Whitcomb at the scene of the accident.
    But police say Koval, a Washington High School senior, was likely traveling at a high rate of speed when he lost control of his car. Police suspect the car then spun into the northbound lane where it collided with an oncoming Ford pickup.
    When police arrived at the scene, Koval's car was fully engulfed in flames. Both Koval and his passenger, Ashleigh Mauseth, a Washington High School sophomore, died at the scene.
    The pickup's passengers, 27-year-old Dustin Wasmund and his three year old daughter, were taken to the hospital for head injuries. According to Avera-Mckennen, Wasmund has since been released, but there is no word on his daughter.
    Friends say Koval could have been driving as fast as 100 mph when the accident occurred and they know, if he had the chance to look back, he would hope people would learn from his mistake.
    "He wouldn't want other people to make his mistakes practically. If he's done something and known he got in trouble for it, he made sure other people wouldn't do it," said Whitcomb.
    KSFY spoke with Ashleigh Mauseth's mom today who said she spoke with her daughter just minutes before the accident and was waiting for her to come home. She said that she hopes teenagers will realize how a few minutes of dangerous fun isn't worth the consequences.
    What I say is my opinion, not my employers or that of my academic institution.

PeterJasonMN Guest
    www.mydeathspace.com

Site is FULL of stories like this. Idiot boys trying to race, idiot girls texting and driving, etc etc.

Flapjack794 is offline Professional wrestling is not fake!
    I think that it is sad that in my opinion, soooooo many of our younger people, dont realize that when you die, that is it. you almost get the feeling that younger people think they cant be hurt or killed. Yet almost every day somewhere in the country we have to read where it is not true. I know I pushed the limit when I was younger, and lucky for me, I always came out on top, but it seems like the youth of today push it too much. Maybe I am just showing my age, but thats how I see and feel.

lynnz05 is offline Corporal
    The news today said they do NOT believe racing was a factor.
    What I say is my opinion, not my employers or that of my academic institution.

Thread Information