Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Mexican Flag flown over U.S. Flag in Reno

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    When will this crap end?
    When we as a nation draw the line and hold it, and not until then.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Caveman is offline Something Smells Kinda Funny
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    When will this crap end?
    It doesn't.... It just only always seems to get worse.

"A great civilization is not conquered from without until it has destroyed itself from within."

Will Durant.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

....Member

Since Jan. 2009

Elle is offline Banned
    These quotes are credited to Teddy Roosevelt, they say exactly how I feel.
    "The men who do not become Americans and nothing else are hyphenated Americans; and there ought to be no room for them in this country. The man who calls himself an American citizen and who yet shows by his actions that he is primarily the citizen of a foreign land, plays a thoroughly mischievous part in the life of our body politic. He has no place here; and the sooner he returns to the land to which he feels his real heart-allegiance, the better it will be for every good American. There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else...."

In the first place we should insist that the immigrant who comes here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he shall be treated on an exact equity with everyone else, for it is an outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or birthplace or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming an American and nothing but an American. There can be no divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American but something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag which symbolizes all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any flag of a nation to which we are hostile. We have room for but one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people." Theodore Roosevelt in a letter to the American Defense Society in 1919.
    "Every immigrant who comes here should be required within five years to learn English or to leave the country," he said in a statement to the Kansas City Star in 1918. "English should be the only language taught or used in the public schools."

To answer your question Five-0 to me it'll stop when people pull their heads out of their a$$ and realize that illegals have no rights in this country, well as far as I'm concerned they don't.

SaraJ is offline Banned
    Did you happen to read to comments? Most were pro-American, but there were others. How can "we as a nation" do something when "we" can't agree on anything?

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraJ View Post
    Did you happen to read to comments? Most were pro-American, but there were others. How can "we as a nation" do something when "we" can't agree on anything?
    The "silent majority" must awaken from its slumber. It must speak loudly whereby its voice can be heard clearly, definitively, and unmistakably. The roar of our hearts must be heard globally, and it must shake the very ground on which we stand. Our presence must be felt where it counts most, at the polls.

A clear message must be sent: We as American citizens have every right to be proud and protective of our heritage. We have every right to expect that this American nation, and the freedoms guaranteed to its people by our Constitution, which were bought and paid for by the blood of our patriots, are not for sale, cannot be stolen or bartered away, and shall not be jeopardized, compromised, nor held hostage by futile political whim or desire for popularity and correctness.

Americans are tired of being taken advantage of. Americans are tired of footing the bill for every wrongdoing or evil committed by others. This country is our homeland, and we are entitled, (I must say, compelled), to preserve it and secure it from invasion, whether incursive, subversive, or forcible. No other nation on Earth is pressured to tolerate such rampant injustice and wrongdoing. No other nation on Earth is coerced to surrender its borders and sovereignty in the name of "progress" or "charity". Neither should we be so governed by anyone who would so flagrantly insult the peaceful, stable, competent, hard-working, law-abiding, and common-sense-wielding majority of this nation.

Residence and citizenship in the United States of America is not a God-given right to ALL people. It is a privilege which was purchased at an ultimate cost. Only those who would EARN such privilege should enjoy it. It is earned through legal and legitimate process, not by simple presence and geographic place of birth.

You love-fest feelgooders are invited to create your own country elsewhere, where you can actively recruit all comers to partake in your pity parties. This nation was fought over, and has been fought for. It has triumphed by the blood, sacrifice, sweat, and tears of its own people. I, for one have grown ill watching it handed over piece-meal to those who do not deserve its blessings. I have grown ill over seeing it maligned, demeaned, berated, and being made to feel ashamed of itself without cause. It is despicably hypocritical to espouse an enemy of freedom, while pledging allegiance to freedom's champion. The bluffing and the lies must end, now.

I am proud to be an American. I am proud of this country. I am proud of its history, traditions, and heritage. The friend of our enemies is our enemy as well, regardless of the soil on which they stand. The middle-ground is shrinking, the grey must either fade to white or embolden to black.

Mark my words: I am not alone. My feelings are shared by an overwhelming majority of the citizens of this country. Although we have been quiet and passive, now is time that we wrestle this nation back from the hands of those who would harm or belittle it. Now is the time for us to stand up and be counted at our voting places. Let no man stand in the gap of indecision. "God bless America" is not a colloquial, it is a PRAYER that our almighty Creator's presence be felt across this great land in a renewal of its Spirit and a revival of its people.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    When will this crap end?
    Don't fool yourself, it won't.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    You love-fest feelgooders are invited to create your own country elsewhere, where you can actively recruit all comers to partake in your pity parties. This nation was fought over, and has been fought for. It has triumphed by the blood, sacrifice, sweat, and tears of its own people. I, for one have grown ill watching it handed over piece-meal to those who do not deserve its blessings. I have grown ill over seeing it maligned, demeaned, berated, and being made to feel ashamed of itself without cause. It is despicably hypocritical to espouse an enemy of freedom, while pledging allegiance to freedom's champion. The bluffing and the lies must end, now.
    Wow CountryBear, get out of my head.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Bear365 is offline Rookie
    I'm ashamed, not to be American, but that other fellow Americans are not. This is our Country. Read Countybears post, read it again, then again. Thank you sir for that post.

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    I have just about reached my boiling point with this crap...political correctness is going to be the death of this country if we arent careful, we need to return to those glorius days of yesteryear....when it was ok to be American and proud of it, when we believed this country was the single greatest on earth, and we stood united against all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC. As far as I am concerned, illegal aliens are no different than terrorists...the hijackers of 9-11 looked to cripple us financially, and ask any hospital in CA or TX just how their doing, and you will stare into the face of ruin.
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Here's some of the backstory

Stolen Identity of Fernley Woman May Have Prompted I.C.E. Raids
    Oct 3, 2007 12:20 PM

A puzzling W-2 form prompted last week's raids on eleven McDonald's stores in Reno and Fernley.

A Fernley woman, whose name was not immediately available, became suspicious when she received a W-2 form early this year that reported more income than she had earned.

The woman soon discovered someone at the Fernley McDonald's where she used to work had been using her identity.

Lyon County Sheriff's Sergeant Russ Cadwallader says an initial investigation determined both the employee and a manager of that McDonald's had been using stolen identities.

Last week, agents with the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency raided the eleven stores, including the one in Fernley and arrested 54 workers suspected of being in this country illegally.

Eight have been deported to Mexico because of prior immigration violations. Sixteen remain in custody at detention centers and the rest were released for humanitarian reasons and are awaiting an appearance before an immigration judge next week.

There continues to be fallout over the immigration arrests in Reno, Sparks and Fernley yesterday. Immigration and Customs Enforcement Officers swept eleven McDonalds Restaurants and its corporate office. At least 56 people were arrested during the raids. ICE Officials say eight people remain jailed and another 16 are in custody or have been deported.

Business owners up and down Wells Avenue say they've seen their walk-in traffic plummet Friday. And others say there's still a feeling of fear and uncertainty in the Hispanic community.

At the El Salvadoran restaurant on Wells Avenue, the lunchtime crowd numbered only a few.

Francisco Gutierrez/Restaurant Owner: "Usually there are 15-20 people here," Francisco Gutierrez said. "Now there are only five people in the restaurant."

And it was the same story up and down the street, where merchants reported seeing fewer people than ever walk through their doors. They blame Thursday's immigration raids and the fear that lingers. Thursday's raids prompted dozens of phone calls to the Committee to Aid Abused Women, where crisis intervention counselors tried to help clients who are in the country illegally.

"We told them," Sylvia Gonzalez said. "Stay in the house, don't answer the door and don't answer the phone. We haven't been able to contact 3 or 4 of them. We don't know if someone went and got their kids. We're hoping they're okay."

Some were left wondering how to tell their children what was happening.

"My kids are in sports," Elidania Guillen said. "And they took their coach. It's terrible."

Those who opposed the raids were urging customers to stage boycotts, refusing to show up for work to protest the action. But at Super Burrito, manager Patricia Favela said shutting her doors wasn't the way to handle the controversy.

"We can do other things like sending letters to our senators," Favela said. "And trying to help in other ways. But closing the business is not a good idea."
    Some businesses, including some landscaping operations and warehouses saw a lot of workers stay home, apparently out of fear they would be arrested.

Some of those illegal immigrants who were arrested are now separated. The biggest concern addressed from the Hispanic community is the fact that parents who were arrested yesterday are now separated from their children. ICE Officers say Washoe County Social Services were present at the processing center where the illegal workers were being held. None of the minors are in protective custody right now. They are either staying with other family members or have been reunited with their parents.

" Some of these individuals who have been arrested were the sole care giver of the child then we will release them so that child will not be left alone without supervision." ICE Spokesperson Michael Keegan said.

The Humanitarian relief applies to 30 of the 54 people who were detained. they are now back with their children, awaiting court dates. an immigration judge will then decide if they will be deported or receive a temporary work permit.

At a protest outside the McDonalds Headquarters on Friday, News 4 spoke to one woman who was arrested.

She told us her 11-year-old daughter was hysterical all day long, anxious over the fate of her mother.

"I'm told the judge will decide whether they gets a work permit or they has to leave voluntarily," the woman said.

That was a common sentiment. Other people said many women would chose leaving the country with their kids, rather than being separated from them.

At lease one week prior to the raid, rumors were circulating among the Hispanic community that immigration officials might be in town.

They all say it's much like the story of the boy who cried wolf. These people heard the rumors, but they didn't believe it could happen in Reno.

The calls started trickling in around 6 a.m. Thursday morning.

"People that work at the airport mentioned there were a bunch of agents," Jose Luis Alvarez said. "About 300, and that they come to get people"

But local Spanish television stations were reporting the possibility of a raid as early as last week. Many didn't believe it could happen in the Biggest Little City.

Local community leaders could not confirm where the rumors originated. But Spanish news outlets like "La Mega" say calls like Thursday's are not uncommon.

"They call and say, 'I see a minivan, an excursion, something white, so they call Mega'" Alvarez said.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Cross240 is offline Temporarily Civilianized
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter. -- Ernest Hemingway

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I don't know if I owe that man a beer or a box of 7.62, maybe both.

MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er
    Business owners up and down Wells Avenue say they've seen their walk-in traffic plummet Friday. And others say there's still a feeling of fear and uncertainty in the Hispanic community.
    And the problem with this is?

Illegals SHOULD be afraid. They shouldn't be here in the first place.

And that vet has my support, wholeheartedly. Good job brother.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Screw those people here illegally. I do not give a rat's ass if they are afraid, get seperated, or what ever. We should hammer the people who hire them and send the ones we catch right the hell back where they came from. I come from a family of immigrants and even had a dual citizenship myself until I joined the Army and renounced my German citizenship to serve here when I was 17. My mother did it the right way, and I am in the process of getting my own wife back here from her home country the correct and LEGAL way. I have been seperated from my wife for almost 2 years because of this, but it is the correct thing to do. I have no sympathy or compassion for the ones here illegally. If I can do it, so can they. Also, learn some God Damned ENGLISH also, that is our language here, not Spanish. I did it, my parents and siblings did it, so can they. There, I vented, I feel better now.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    I forget where it was but on the news a man was arrested for pulling down foriegn flags that were flying over american flags. He should get a medal.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Watch the video attached to the article, or see Cross' link above. As a cop, I wouldn't take that man to jail. At the very most, I'd write him a ticket and send him on his merry way.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Would you write the ticket before or after you bought him a beer

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Ryan is offline Bust a move
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I have a question for you all, and I am sure you will have an answer.

What can I do to help fix this mess? I wholeheartedly agree that illegals should be deported immediately after recieving an ass-kicking for screwing up our country, but what the hell can I personally do that will make a difference? I am completely fed up with it all. People protesting for equal rights that do not belong to them, people telling me that I am just a hillbilly because I couldn't give two shits what happens to people here illegally, and anyone else who feels sorry for these scumbags can my !

Sorry for the rant, but this issue absolutely eats me alive.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I have a question for you all, and I am sure you will have an answer.

What can I do to help fix this mess?
    Vote. Vote carefully and vote right. Contact your congressmen.

Thats about all you can do.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information