Welcome to the APBWeb.
    213th is offline Solipsist

13y/o kills over dessert

ORLANDO, Fla. A 13-year-old choked and beat his 8-year-old brother to death because the younger boy ate a dessert and the older one worried he would be blamed, authorities said Wednesday.
    Demetrius Key was arrested on first-degree murder. The boys' mother, Tangela Key, told police she was visiting a cousin nearby and left him in charge of Levares Key and other younger siblings Saturday.
    A neighbor told investigators she heard four loud bangs, followed by 10 minutes of quiet and then more commotion, according to an Orange County Sheriff's Office news release.
    Demetrius Key went to the cousin's house and told his mother his brother was "passed out," the sheriff's office said. The younger boy was pronounced dead at a hospital.
    Demetrius Key initially said he hit his brother with a metal shelf support, investigators said. After investigators searched the house, he said he used a broom handle, the sheriff's office said.
    He then told the detective he punched the boy, choked him and banged his head on the floor, according to an affidavit.
    "Demetrius offered that Levares upset him by eating a dessert that (he) was not to have eaten," Detective Appling Wells wrote. "He also advised Levares upset him by picking a scab and causing it to bleed.

"Demetrius said he feared Levares would blame both circumstances on him and tell his mother he had struck him and eaten the dessert."
    The sheriff's office would not say what the dessert was.
    Orange County Medical Examiner Dr. Jan Garavaglia ruled the death a homicide from closed head injuries.
    Tangela Key does not have a listed telephone number. The sheriff's office did not immediately know whether Demetrius Key had an attorney.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

allykitty84 is offline Officer First Class
    WTF? Seriously?!!! Wonder what they did to him????

1*girl Guest
    Sounds to me like a little boy needs some punishment and a shrink and mommy more than likely needs her mommy-license taken away.

There's so much wrong with this picture.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good luck living with that. WTF!!!

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

213th is offline Solipsist
    It is truly despicable and disheartening to see the ever decreasing age of people willing and ready to resort, or use as first choice, extereme and fatal violence to fix their problems. Only a severe lack of parenting all together could allow such a mentality to be instilled in so young a child. This includes allowing the viewing of extremly violent movies and the playing of extremly violent video games at an age where the user/viewer is to young to realize that such violence is not a real world solution to every problem. The people who brought these boys into the world are not parents. A person who brings a child into the world, with no intention to provide the upbringing, the care, love and nurturing needed to properly raise a child is no parent at all, but only the most selfish, inconsiderate and despicable human of all. I'm willing to bet that this child never received a true punishment, and in the past was never corrected for using violence to solve disputes with his brother. And in my opinion, a time out and similar bullshit punishments like that are no punishment at all. I had my share of timeouts, but I learned way more from a good ass whipping. But most parents these days are to concerned about how their child might hate them if they truly punished their child. Well, a parent is a parent first and a friend second to their child. The lasting effects of a spanking on a child are not hate and resentment to their parent, but rather good behavior. A child can't just be beat though, a parent still needs to show love and reward a child for making the right choice. It is truly sad that this child thought that the punishment for slaughtering his brother would be less then that for eating the dessert. Maybe he didn't intend to kill his brother, but he still his anticipated punishment for beating his brother ruthlessly must not have equalled his ancipated punishment for stealing a dessert. This home is truly fucked up. I will admit, I've fought with my brother. I've never injured one remotely close to severly, and it always ended in a handshake.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

1*girl Guest
    I had my share of timeouts, but I learned way more from a good ass whipping. But most parents these days are to concerned about how their child might hate them if they truly punished their child.
    +1 I'm a grown woman, but to this day, if I so much as verbally disrespected my mother, she'd still give me a good slap.

Unfortunately, parents also care too much about what other people will think of them if they punished their child.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Hopefully he'll get his just desserts.

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Hopefully he'll get his just desserts.
    Well somebody had to say it

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    In the article it says:
    "The sheriff's office would not say what the dessert was."

Who the EFF cares??? You think someone seriously asked the question???????dumbass

Just extremely sad that this 13 y/o had so much anger and rage inside.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Thread Information