Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Screaming 15-Year-Old Girl Pepper Sprayed After Biting Officer

http://www.breitbart.tv/html/6414.html

The girl was stopped for violating the city's curfew law. At one point, the officer wrote the girl "clamped down on my hand/wrist and I felt immediate pain shot up my arm. The pain was shocking, and I thought the suspect was going to extract a large piece of flesh from my hand. The police chief weighed in on the matter. "It is shocking to see that a police officer has had to use that level of force against a child. But ... my opinion is he responded appropriately and in accordance with our policies," he said.

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    SLAB!
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Sounds like he took it easy on her.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I don't see what the problem was, as soon as she was sprayed he was able to cuff her. In my agency she would have been sprayed right away, on our matrix it is after verbal, spray, so according to what I saw he went way past from where we would have sprayed.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    She would have a broken nose if she bit me that hard!

No officer has to take that kind of abuse and respond in a gentle manner. Force begits force plus some!!! The little biotch needs to learn some manners.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Dash cams....best thing since sliced bread.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

Radisma is offline Rookie
    Totally agree with the actions taken by the officer.

One thing that made me mad is i just had to go and read the comments on the video... thats when i got somewhat angry.

just upsets me when i see police officers doing there job and doing what they are trained to do and then people try to say after the fact "Oh well why didnt he try to talk to her in a softer nicer voice.... i mean you get more with a sugar voice than you do spice"

Things like that make me mad.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    She's lucky the Officer didn't try to write his name on her face with that stuff.

When are people going to learn? It's not as if you tell us "No" enough we're just going to go "Oh, well, since you put it like that, I guess I won't arrest you after all."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    I don't see what the problem was, as soon as she was sprayed he was able to cuff her. In my agency she would have been sprayed right away, on our matrix it is after verbal, spray, so according to what I saw he went way past from where we would have sprayed.
    Point well taken Mack. Around here our matrix goes presence, verbal, soft empty hand, spray, hard empty hand, impact, deadly... so a touch on the shoulder and a pull away means spray. Still we deal with a perceptual issue in that laypeople seem to think that spray is mean, hurtful and unjust even when used properly. In this case it avoided further injury to the officer and the suspect. I'm sorry but once you bite someone like that you are no longer just a kid, you're trying to exploit the system because you think no one can or will touch you due to your age. This generation needs to understand what respect really means.

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    When are people going to learn? It's not as if you tell us "No" enough we're just going to go "Oh, well, since you put it like that, I guess I won't arrest you after all."
    Probably about the same time that they learn pleading not guilty when you're on tape committing a felony is not smart.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    She's lucky that's all that happened to her. Biting somebody can be a serious offense...
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

PeterJasonMN Guest
    My matrix is: You bite me and you'll be gumming your food until the dentures come in.

u gotta do what u gotta do to protect urself. i am 110% behind what he did but he should have done it a lil quicker

SaraJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jcsdscott View Post
    Point well taken Mack. Around here our matrix goes presence, verbal, soft empty hand, spray, hard empty hand, impact, deadly... so a touch on the shoulder and a pull away means spray. Still we deal with a perceptual issue in that laypeople seem to think that spray is mean, hurtful and unjust even when used properly. In this case it avoided further injury to the officer and the suspect. I'm sorry but once you bite someone like that you are no longer just a kid, you're trying to exploit the system because you think no one can or will touch you due to your age. This generation needs to understand what respect really means.
    This lay person has a different perspective. I believe that spray and the tazer are there to be used at the officer's discretion for his protection and, also, that of the suspect. People thought hitting a suspect with a baton was "mean", now they think spraying and taze-ing a suspect is "mean". How many of the people who object to the use of force has ever had to subdue someone who didn't want to be subdued? There are people in this world who--unfortunately--understand only force.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    The officer didn't use enough force, and react quick enough, in my opinion. He didn't use any excessive force. What's angering me is the media acting as if the Officer used excessive force. It's been all over the news.

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    The appropriate level of force would be a solid brachial stun followed by knee strikes to the solar plexus and a nice hard inside takedown.

Either that or a vascular neck restraint
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

BrickCop is offline "Shrinkage Proof"
    As cops we're lulled into thinking that the dash cam will mollify the critics, how naive we all are. Reality hits like a ton of bricks after reading the delsuional pontifications by the untrained and uneducated masses.

And people wonder why cops abhor civilian "review" boards.
    Why no, that's not a pregnant anaconda in my pants...why do you ask?

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by BrickCop View Post
    As cops we're lulled into thinking that the dash cam will mollify the critics, how naive we all are. Reality hits like a ton of bricks after reading the delsuional pontifications by the untrained and uneducated masses.

And people wonder why cops abhor civilian "review" boards.

Exactly. A Dash cam can go against you just as fast as for you even when you were 100% justifed.

There are numerous examples of this. The more untrained and ignorant civilians that that are able to see "footage of the events that took place" the worse for us.

Even a liberal administrator can be just as bad. I hate the idea of being on camera in everything I do. Not to mention, use of force is based on my perspective of the situation and the level of force I felt at that time was necessary to overcome my adversary. Can a person who is reviewing the tape see through my eyes and see how I viewed the situation as it unfolded in split seconds? What about judge my physical condition (Fatigue etc)?

You can't, they are factors that a person can not see by watching the video yet play a vital role in choosing your level of force. They watch the video many times, even in slow motion and MMQB your decisions that you made in fractions of a second. And not to mention by watching the video people automatically say "I would have done this, I would have done that" and by doing so create an unintentional bias.

No thanks, you can read my report of what happened and draw your conclusions from that.
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    The officer didn't use enough force, and react quick enough, in my opinion. He didn't use any excessive force. What's angering me is the media acting as if the Officer used excessive force. It's been all over the news.

I agree, he should have reacted much sooner, he let that struggle go for far too long. I am sure he had his reasons, and far be it from any of us to second guess his decisions.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo
    I believe what the officer did was just fine, and a firm believer that he was thinking right when he intentionally drug her butt over to the front of the car and made sure the cam was on, regardless of right or wrong, I bet that video will save his job...
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information