Welcome to the APBWeb.
    MonsterMash is offline Proud 3%er

Sheriffs Deputy Goes On Shooting Rampage

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071007/...onsin_shooting

By ROBERT IMRIE, Associated Press Writer 24 minutes ago

CRANDON, Wis. - A local law enforcement employee went on a shooting rampage early Sunday in remote northern Wisconsin, killing at least five people, authorities said.
    ADVERTISEMENT

Crandon Police Chief John Dennee, speaking outside the police department about two blocks from the shooting site, would not say whether the suspect was dead. But he said: "We're not looking for anybody anymore."
    Dennee would not confirm details about the shooting, but a dispatcher for the State Patrol who declined to give his full name as a matter of department practice said the suspect is an employee of the Forest County Sheriff's Department and a part-time officer for the Crandon Police Department.
    Several State Patrol officers went to Forest County to help investigators, the dispatcher said.
    "It's a pretty tragic situation here," said County Supervisor Tom Vollmar, who lives just outside Crandon, a city of about 2,000 people. "There are five or six people dead."
    The State Patrol and the Crandon Fire Department detoured a steady stream of traffic from two blocks of U.S. Highway 8 in the downtown area. Some residents stood in nearby front yards.
    Crandon Mayor Gary Bradley declined to comment on the status of the investigation.
    "We are going to get together and be strong," he said. "We are a strong community. We always have been. This is agonizing, but we will prevail."
    The northeast Wisconsin town is about 225 miles north of Milwaukee. The area is known for logging, and fishing, hunting and snowmobiling.
    ______________________________ __________________________

All I can do is scratch my head at this one. Prayers go out to those involved.
    Are you a 3%er? If you aren't, you should be.

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    How very tragic. I saw on another site he was a 21 year old deputy of the County. One of those killed was allegedly the suspect's girlfriend. All were at a party being attended by young adults 18-21.

May thier families be comforted by God's strong faith and guidance.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    Milwaukee is kinda bad as a reference point....I guess it's the only town they are familiar with?

This is just north east of Wausau.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    My heart goes out to all involved including the families left behind. But we don't need this shit happening.
    Last edited by armsmaster270; 10-07-07 at 07:02 PM. Reason: punctuation

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Tuff is offline Redneckwannabepopo
    prayers to all involved.....
    http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=197722498

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - George Orwell

kay88 is offline Sergeant
    Milwaukee is a bad reference point, PDawg. I probably would have used Green Bay. Here is the link to another version of the story by USA Today: Off-duty Wis. deputy kills 6, is killed

We talked about this in interpersonal communication today. Many of the students at my school are from Wisconsin. It was very sad to hear about. There was also a news story in our local paper.

According to the Mankato Free Press the motive was still unknown. However, it is suspected that he and his girlfriend had just broken up and that may have played a major factor in the motive.. Nothing is for sure at this point in time.
    Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood.
    ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thread Information