Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Illiy is offline Corporal

Media over exposure...

http://cbs2.com/carchase/

Is it just me or is the fact that they have a whole police pursuit section kinda disturbing?

I was actually looking for a link they had for a motor officer safety competition today in Huntington Beach... the small segment the had on it looked very interesting...

The last two years in a row a female motor officer from LAPD won... this year I think the winner was a San Bernardino Sheriff's deputy...

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Jeez, a "non-pursuit" policy in CA would destroy the ratings, eh?

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Living in So. CA, you should very well know that "Breaking News" on the local channels generally means LIVE PURSUIT!

They use the argument that they like to keep the public informed so they will not become involved in an accident

When was the last time you were casually driving on the freeway, watching the news and thankful that they broadcast a pursuit so you would not become a vicitm?

Of course I am being facetious!

I agree with you. They might as well have a section dedicated to Mayor Tony and his new sqeeze.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Media caters to ratings.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    Living in So. CA, you should very well know that "Breaking News" on the local channels generally means LIVE PURSUIT!

They use the argument that they like to keep the public informed so they will not become involved in an accident

When was the last time you were casually driving on the freeway, watching the news and thankful that they broadcast a pursuit so you would not become a vicitm?

Of course I am being facetious!

I agree with you. They might as well have a section dedicated to Mayor Tony and his new sqeeze.
    Ok.. the last one got me! I would not be surprised if they have a section for him!

My teacher played a video in class where it was the dash cam on a cruiser and the officer comes out and shoots the suspect... seemingly out of the blue (no agitation aside from the pursuit) and he made us write a press release on it... with the exception of myself and one other person (a cop) everyone wrote their papers on police using excessive force.... then he showed us a second video (I can't remember the source if it was a news crew or stationary one) where the suspect has his hand in his waist band and is pulling something out, not listening to orders being given...

I think that was the best point he could have made... something always happens to get a camera rolling (that isn't caught on tape) and there are always two angles... the officers and the suspects... Not that I need to tell anyone here that... just sort of got on a tangent...

Thread Information