Welcome to the APBWeb.
    wanna_b_trooper is offline "Life is hard. It's harder if you're stupid"

Cops Pull Over Boy, 3, Driving Along Highway in Toy Mustang GT

OMRO, Wis. The candy-apple red Mustang GT is just a toy, but that didn't stop 3-year-old Jordan Will from taking his battery-operated wheels for a brief ride along a busy stretch of highway.
    Drivers stopped and neighbors chased down the car until an officer could pull over Jordan and his 2-year-old passenger on Sunday.
    "Nothing bad happened, so it's kind of cute now when you look at it," said his father, Doug Will. "But at the time, it wasn't cute at all. It was scary. I was really upset."
    The Mustang is decked out with all the extras: a rear spoiler, a premium sound system and chrome wheels.
    The boys drove the tricked-out ride through their Omro neighborhood and pulled up to a busy intersection.
    "He even obeyed the signs, so that was good. He stopped at the red light and got on the cross walk," said neighbor Jaci Bauer.
    Another neighbor, Jason Bauer, panicked when he saw the boys cross over a highway, onto a sidewalk and over a bridge. He gave chase for a few blocks until an officer pulled the boys over.
    "By the time we stopped them, they probably made it five or six blocks from home before anyone even noticed they had been wandering around town," Jason Bauer said.
    Doug Will had been searching for the boys when he got the call to come get the car.
    "He just said, 'We went for a ride, daddy,"' Will said.
    All Jordan can do now is sit in the little car. His father has taken away the keys and removed the battery.
    Officers said Jordan's dad won't be cited.
    Omro is in east-central Wisconsin, about 10 miles west of
    Oshkosh.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Thank God those kids weren't hurt or worse. How on earth can you allow a three year old and a two year old to get out of your sight like that?!?

Pudge is offline Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    Thank God those kids weren't hurt or worse. How on earth can you allow a three year old and a two year old to get out of your sight like that?!?
    I agree, BUT as the father of a four year old I can add. They are some sneaky little shits.

I had to chuckle because that sounds like something my boy would do.

He has figured out that if he is extremely quiet he can get his breakfast, find where I've hidden the XBox controller, turn on the tv and play video games until I wake up.

The deadbolts now get locked and keys are put WAY up to where he can't get them. I woke up one morning to him coming in the bedroom toting a large box, telling me the man in the Brown Truck and shirt dropped them off. Since then any and all precautions are taken.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    I agree, BUT as the father of a four year old I can add. They are some sneaky little shits.

I had to chuckle because that sounds like something my boy would do.

He has figured out that if he is extremely quiet he can get his breakfast, find where I've hidden the XBox controller, turn on the tv and play video games until I wake up.

The deadbolts now get locked and keys are put WAY up to where he can't get them. I woke up one morning to him coming in the bedroom toting a large box, telling me the man in the Brown Truck and shirt dropped them off. Since then any and all precautions are taken.
    On the surface, that story is kind of funny, especially since he obeyed the traffic signals....I can imagine seeing a cop pull over a Power Wheels mustang.

I see your point though, the parents may not even have realized the kids were in the car - I guess I was assuming that the parents knew the kids were in the car and should have been paying more attention to where they were going, and I shouldn't have made that assumption.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    It's cute but downright scarey. Heard it on the radio too. I can laugh as long as the little ones don't get hurt

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    These also aren't "highways" like the Turnpike...they are rural area highways.

http://www.omro-wi.com/

*edit*

Just imagine 2 lanes either way...55 mph outside of town...25 mph going thru town.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

1*girl Guest
    I woke up one morning to him coming in the bedroom toting a large box, telling me the man in the Brown Truck and shirt dropped them off. Since then any and all precautions are taken.
    Scary stuff. My brother once let the FedEx guy inside the house and was just standing there talking to him when he was around that age.

Glad the kids in this story didn't get hurt.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over

Watch that also Pudge. They learn to get the keys down also
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Said the father was looking for the boys when he got the call. Kiddos may have slipped out for about a minute and a half, just long enough to get out of earshot. Sometimes it takes a moment before you realize that they're being TOO quiet.

kids + quiet = BAD
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My sons both figured out locks and "childproof" locks way to early.

Thankfully, we live in the middle of nowhere and the only place they know to go is down the street to grampas.

It makes me nervous a little bit because the younger one heads straight for the woods any time he can.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO

New Recruit

Hey, what are the chances we can get this kid into the police academy? Anyone with that much savvy and aggressive spirit needs to be a cop!

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    He can get EVOC training so he won't be caught next time.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Thread Information