Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky

Woman Held After 5th DUI Arrest Since May

Woman held after fifth DUI arrest since May

By Lisa Petrillo
    UNION-TRIBUNE STAFF WRITER
    October 16, 2007
    How could someone like Tiffany Adamo with four DUI arrests in six months still be able to get behind the wheel and, according to police, drive under the influence again last weekend?

“I ask myself the same question,” said La Mesa police Lt. Alan White. “They get behind the wheel of a car and drive, that's how.”
    La Mesa police have arrested the 26-year-old Ramona woman three times in the past three weeks on suspicion of driving under the influence – including Saturday in what records show was her fifth arrest under DUI laws. The California Highway Patrol arrested her May 26, and the county Sheriff's Department arrested her on suspicion of DUI on June 28.

On Sept. 27, La Mesa police arrested her, saying she was under the influence in her car at a dead stop on a busy street. Three days before Saturday's arrest, they arrested Adamo again after finding her passed out behind the wheel and blocking traffic, White said.

She posted bail on past cases, none of which has gone to trial.

La Mesa police say Adamo was driving so impaired in the Grossmont shopping center parking lot about 2:20 p.m. Saturday that she pinned a 7-year-old boy against his mother's car. The boy's mother pounded on Adamo's 2000 Toyota Camry for her to stop before the car crushed the child. Police said Adamo stopped, and the boy was not seriously hurt. When Adamo tried to drive away, the mother said she blocked her until authorities arrived.

The difference between her four previous arrests and Saturday's is that, for the first time, Adamo faces felony charges, authorities say. She remained in jail on $250,000 bail.

Adamo's case is an example of a problem with the drunken-driving laws, said Pat Hodgkin of Mothers Against Drunk Driving in San Diego.

“This is not uncommon. The problem is they're misdemeanors, and they just get probation,” she said. Such drivers often “lose their license, but they keep driving because they can,” Hodgkin added.

The cases against Adamo have been proceeding properly, said Glen McAllister of the San Diego County District Attorney's Office. Just not quickly.

Adamo had no criminal record before her arrests, public records show. Her lawyer was unavailable for comment.

She grew up in Santee, her family said, did well in school, attended community college and had been engaged to be married. She had been working as an office manager for a San Diego skin-care business, prosecutors said.

“Everyone who meets her just loves her to death,” said her grandfather, John Adamo of Missouri. “There's just a kindness in her heart.”

She lately had been pursuing a career as an emergency medical technician, her grandfather said, but had been having trouble getting a job.

Police say Adamo had several prescription narcotics in her possession and showed signs of being under the influence of what they described as a “central nervous system depressant.” In each case, she was tested for drugs, the presence of which must be detected by laboratory technicians, and that can take weeks.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    is it too late to shoot her

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Willowdared is offline Bendy not Breaky
    I'm trying to track down the first article describing the incident with the child, it seemed to suggest intent.

Basically, she used her car to push a shopping cart into the child, and pinned him against the other car.
    Molly Weasley makes Chuck Norris eat his vegetables.

Do not puff, shade, skew, tailor, firm up, stretch, massage,
    or otherwise distort statements of fact.
    FBI Special Agent Coleen Rowley

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Ditto killing her.

Badge212 Guest
    What a waste to society. I hope whatever Judge sees her gives her what she deserves.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    Ditto killing her.

In America we don't shoot people just because they might NEED shootin. Innocent until proven guilty. She does need to go the the greybar hotel for awhile though.
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Put her away for good. I've always taken drunk drivers very seriously, and even more so after a cousin of mine was killed by one. No excuse, people. Find a ride or walk your ass home.
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    She lately had been pursuing a career as an emergency medical technician, her grandfather said, but had been having trouble getting a job.
    I wonder whats stopping her from getting that job

Thread Information