Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Looking for attractive people? Don't go to Philly

Looking for attractive people? Don't go to Philly

Reuters

Philadelphia is home to the least attractive people in the United States, a survey of visitors and residents showed on Friday.
    The city of more than 1.5 million people was also found to be among the least stylish, least active, least friendly and least worldly, according to the "America's Favorite Cities" survey by Travel & Leisure magazine and CNN Headline News.

About 60,000 people responded to the online survey -- at www.travelandleisure.com -- which ranked 25 cities in categories including shopping, food, culture, and cityscape, said Amy Farley, senior editor at the magazine.

For unattractiveness, Philadelphia just beat out Washington DC and Dallas/Fort Worth for the bottom spot. Miami and San Diego are home to the most attractive people, the poll found.
    But Farley pointed out the results don't mean people in Philadelphia are ugly or the city is a bad place to visit.
    "We were asking people to vote on attractiveness, not unattractiveness. Travel & Leisure editors believe there are a lot of attractive people in Philadelphia," she said.
    "The relative attractiveness of its residents is only a minuscule factor in evaluating a city's merit."

Philadelphians' self-esteem has been undermined by national surveys showing they are among the fattest people in the United States. The American Obesity Association ranked the city in the top 10 for overweight people every year between 2000 and 2005.
    And sporting pride in a city known for the fierce loyalty of its fans has been hurt by not having had a national champion in any of its four main sports since the 76ers won the National Basketball Association title in 1983.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    My brother lives in Philly. Maybe I should move there, I would fit right in.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    My brother lives in Philly. Maybe I should move there, I would fit right in.
    That's right, ugly. But then we could never hang out, as I wouldn't be allowed in uglyville to visit you

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    PJMN must live in Philly!

Badge212 Guest
    Well that may be true about Philly, so if you want to know where to find attractive people or just a person, just private message me =D lol...

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Miami and San Diego are home to the most attractive people, the poll found.
    I was in San Diego last April and I didn't see any women that were that much better looking that anything I've seen in Minneapolis or Chicago.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Well they sure as shit weren't at the airport then for Minneapolis!

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    Well they sure as shit weren't at the airport then for Minneapolis!
    The best 'tang is there during spring break
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Remind me to schedule a ride along/shadow with you in the spring.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    i grew up in philly and take offense to this horse shit...E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Toledo could give Philly a serious run for their money...when I lived there, you couldn't swing a dead cat without hitting a douchebag with a permed mullet and an 8-ball leather jacket...and that was 2004.

Also, this survey is all f-ed up if they rank Dallas near the bottom. I challenge you to go to a Mavericks game without wanting to whack it right there to the sweet tail that adorns the courtside seats. Chicks in Dallas are hot, and there are plenty of "beautiful men" wearing their stripped shirts, tight pants and Drakkar in Addison.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Thread Information