Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    1*girl Guest

Thumbs down One of the reasons why people make me sick!

46 Pound Woman Starved to Death

AUGUSTA, Ga. -- At a house overrun with roaches, choked with cobwebs and smeared with garbage police found a 46 pound woman starved to death.

Officials arrested the victim's sister and brother-in-law Sunday. A grand jury charged them with manslaughter.

Police said Christine Baxter, 30, died of complications from malnutrition. She was blind, deaf and unable to feed herself.

Her sister, Jeanne Peterson and Peterson's husband Buel, were supposed to be her caregivers.

Paramedics found Baxter in the front yard of the house after a 911 call, but were unable to revive her. Investigators said one of the Peterson's made the emergency call.

Police became suspicious when the family wouldn't let investigators in the house.

When they finally got inside they found disgusting conditions.

Feces from pigs, dogs and cats roaming freely throughout the house covered everything. There were so many cockroaches it appeared the walls were moving.

Trash and rotting food was piled on the floor.

"Once we entered the residence, we saw what tragic, horrible conditions that the subject had spent the remainder of her life," said Sgt. Richard Roundtree of the Richmond County Sheriff's Office. "This is one of the worst scenes, of living arrangements, that we have run across."

Health Department officials condemned the house. Code enforcement officials say the house is extremely hazardous, and will be torn down.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/14419548/detail.html

OXCOPS is offline Usual Suspect
    I am a firm believer in the thought that some people are alive simply because it's illegal to kill them.

Illiy is offline Corporal
    They should leave them in the house to rot... no food no water nothing!

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    GEEZ! And no-one suspected a thing????????????
    How absolutely awful she lived like that They will get theirs one day.......
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    The entire town is pretty pissed off about this whole thing. The courts won't treat them lightly.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

allykitty84 is offline Officer First Class
    That's so awful! I agree with Illiy!!!

LawnMM is offline Oppressor of Crackheads
    Its more common than most people think.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO

It is!

It is more common than many people realize. Been to a dozen like that....

I think OXCOP had it right.....some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    The courts won't treat them lightly.
    I'll take that bet.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    We just had an elderly woman die in her son and daughter in law's care like....2 yrs ago or so. The house was described similar to this one.

How can people live in houses like that? In our case, the daughter in law and son were living with the mom.....in those conditions.

I don't think I'd stand 5 minutes in a place like that, let alone live there!
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    What this article isn't saying is one of the animals found was a 200 pound, very well fed pig.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Normally I would suggest putting them back in the house and razing it with one of these:

But that would be far too good for them.

The state should take a lesson out of Israel's playbook. That playing being the "Rachel Corrie Bulldozer" play.

SaraJ is offline Banned
    About 6 months after Katrina neighbors got curious about an old guy who had lived in the neighborhood but who hadn't been seen since the hurricane. They went to his house, broke in and found the guy's skeleton on the bed in one of the bedrooms. It's easy to get forgotten.

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    The entire town is pretty pissed off about this whole thing. The courts won't treat them lightly.
    GOOD!
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

1*girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SaraJ View Post
    About 6 months after Katrina neighbors got curious about an old guy who had lived in the neighborhood but who hadn't been seen since the hurricane. They went to his house, broke in and found the guy's skeleton on the bed in one of the bedrooms. It's easy to get forgotten.
    Yeah but this woman wasn't forgotten. At least not when there's a well fed pig in the house. Cruel and inhumane punishment for no valid reason. Probably resentment toward her condition. Who knows...I hope they rot in hell.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Leave them inside the house as they demolish it. That way they can spend their last few moments on Earth like she did.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    Leave them inside the house as they demolish it. That way they can spend their last few moments on Earth like she did.
    Google "Rachel Corrie"

She suffered a "Crushing" defeat at the hands..er...tracks of a Cat D9.

Hawk1 is offline Sheepdog
    Verified LEO
    Dear asshole, please step off my planet..yours is the next stop.

Terrible story, very sad. People never cease to amaze me what they do to each other.
    "Contrary to popular belief, you will not rise to the occasion, but will fall to the level of your training"

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Fire cleanses all.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

CW Mock is offline Trooper
    Verified LEO
    Yes it does. Get a can of gas, and a padlock for the door.
    "I have an open door policy on tickets ... if I have to open my door, you are getting a ticket. If I turn on those lights, somebody has to pay the electric bill."

The opinions given in my posts and comments
    DO NOT reflect any of the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "CW Mock" on LEF/Officer Resource.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information