Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

4 children under 2 y.o.a test + for cocaine!

HOUSTON — Four toddlers of a Houston family tested positive for cocaine, including twin 11-month-old boys, after police said nurses became suspicious when one of the twins showed little pain despite a fractured arm.

Parents Emanuel Jones, 43, and Tammy Lynn Melton, 25, have been charged on felony counts of child injury and remain in jail. Both tested positive for cocaine and antidepressants and were arrested late Wednesday, police said.

Authorities said they are unsure how the children, including a 2-year-old girl and a 1-year-old boy, ingested the drug. In all, the two cared for eight children, including twin newborn girls.
    “Either the parents are smoking cocaine around them or they are sharing it with them,” Catheryn Gardner-Sanders, a Houston police investigator, said in Thursday’s online editions of the Houston Chronicle.

All of the children have been removed from the home and placed in foster care, authorities said.

The parents were arrested one week after taking one of their twin boys to the hospital with a fractured wrist. Nurses called police when the infant wasn’t “showing the pain reaction a child should show,” Gardner-Sanders said.

Jones, Melton and the eight children lived in a bug-infested, one-bedroom apartment in northwest Houston, police said. An invalid great-grandmother also lived with the family.

Jones and Melton both remained in Harris County Jail late Thursday on charges of injury to a child by omission. Bail was set at $5,000 each, according to the Web site of the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.

It was not immediately clear Thursday night if Jones and Melton had attorneys.

http://www.policelink.com/news/artic...ve-for-cocaine-
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Just supports my argument that you should be sterilized at birth and only after you obtain a "parenting" license are you allowed to reproduce.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    They will probably get the kids back after a week. Nutering is too good for the parents.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

OXCOPS is offline Usual Suspect
    This solidifies my plan to completely revamp the justice system to allow more crimes to be punished by death, after an automatic appeal within 72 hours. Your appeal is turned down? You are hung publically on the courthouse lawn.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    I heard about this on the TV news last night - Really sick stuff.

You know they probably just did it for shits & grins to see what it would do to them, kinda like getting the family dog drunk to watch him stumble around - I don't think they'd be givin kids cocaine to calm them down.

Which shows that these people think of their kids as animals.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Okay, commiting a crime against another adult is not always bad (sometimes they deserve it) but against little kids, WTF, I am with OXCOPS, hang the bastards

Thread Information