Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Lazy Fed is offline Curmudgeon

Customs seizes 145lbs of Marijuana in Detroit

Man tries to cross Ambassador Bridge with nearly 145 lbs. of marijuana

A 25-year-old man from Ontario is facing drug charges in Detroit after U.S. customs officials found nearly 145 pounds of marijuana in the truck he was driving at the Ambassador Bridge, according to border official Ron Smith.
    The truck, which Smith said was a cab with no trailer, was searched at about 2:30 a.m. on Thursday.

"He pulled up to the booth, told the officer where he was going and presented his citizenship documents," Smith said. "The officer just had a feeling, so he asked the driver to pull up."

Officials searched the cab, and a total of 65 kilos, or almost 145 pounds, of green leafy substance was found. It tested positive for marijuana, Smith said.

The driver, who was from Tecumseh, Ontario, was a member of the Free and Secure Trade (FAST) program , Smith said. Smith said that the driver's FAST card had been revoked and that officials planned to check into the company he was driving for.
    dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass
    Life is to short not to experience Lazy Fed
    ___ ___ ___
    {o,o} {-.-} {0,0}
    |)__) |)_(| (__(|
    -"-"- -"-"- -"-"-
    O RLY?? YA RLY NO WAI!!!!

The incoherent statements given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency or any other person for that matter. They are MY PERSONAL DELUSIONAL FANTASIES and I accept sole responsibility as such as I am either drunk or stressed out of my mind.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Fed View Post
    Man tries to cross Ambassador Bridge with nearly 145 lbs. of marijuana

A 25-year-old man from Ontario is facing drug charges in Detroit after U.S. customs officials found nearly 145 pounds of marijuana in the truck he was driving at the Ambassador Bridge, according to border official Ron Smith.
    The truck, which Smith said was a cab with no trailer, was searched at about 2:30 a.m. on Thursday.

"He pulled up to the booth, told the officer where he was going and presented his citizenship documents," Smith said. "The officer just had a feeling, so he asked the driver to pull up."

Officials searched the cab, and a total of 65 kilos, or almost 145 pounds, of green leafy substance was found. It tested positive for marijuana, Smith said.

The driver, who was from Tecumseh, Ontario, was a member of the Free and Secure Trade (FAST) program , Smith said. Smith said that the driver's FAST card had been revoked and that officials planned to check into the company he was driving for.
    I am sure you were not the one to make the bust. That would require you to get up!
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

213th is offline Solipsist
    but as we al know, weed isn't a drug, it's a plant. Atleast according to Gov. Schwarzeneger or how ever you spell his name. The Goverinator
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    145 pounds is still a lot of leaf, Arnie.

ETA, I thought Canadians used the metric system. Do they switch back with dope?
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Thread Information