Welcome to the APBWeb.
    smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO

Guard shoots robbery suspect

Guard shoots robbery suspect

Click Image to Enlarge
    The Advocate/Mark Saltz
    Police investigate the scene after an armed robber exchanged fire with a private security guard Tuesday at the Gameware store on College Drive. The robber was shot multiple times, but the guard was not hit.

By JARED JANES
    Advocate staff writer
    Published: Oct 31, 2007 - Page: 3B
    An armed man exchanged gunfire with a shopping center security guard Tuesday after a robbery at a store near the Southdowns neighborhood.
    The man, with two lookouts, had held up the Gameware store, 3151 College Drive, near Perkins Road, about 8:35 p.m., police spokesman Cpl. L’Jean McKneely said.
    While leaving the store, the robber spotted a private security guard and fired one shot at him but missed, police said.
    The guard returned fire, hitting the robber multiple times.
    The robber, whose name was not reported, was taken to the hospital by EMS with life-threatening injuries, McKneely said.
    His two accomplices fled in a green, older-model Pontiac, and police were still looking for them late Tuesday.
    The Gameware store and most of the other shops and restaurants in the College Creek Shopping Center were open when the robbery occurred.
    The security guard, who also was not named, was hired by the property management group for the shopping center after an armed robbery of the Quiznos store in the same area in early August, Quiznos employee Genie Johnson said.
    Johnson said she was standing outside the store Tuesday when she saw a man come around the corner and put on a ski mask.
    She said she alerted the guard, who was inside the Quiznos, and he confronted the robber, who fired first.
    McKneely said the robbery may be related to one that happened about 30 minutes earlier at 7677 Andrea Drive, off Siegen Lane.
    East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office deputies were called to the Game Stop there after a robbery about 8 p.m.
    The robber escaped with $400, Sheriff’s Office spokesman Capt. Ralph Williams said.
    He was described as a black man in his early 20s, standing 5-foot-5 with a slim build and wearing a stocking over his head.
    At least three stores in Baton Rouge, including the Game Stop, 7770 Bluebonnet Blvd., have been robbed in the past two weeks, all by men wearing a stocking or ski mask over their faces who escaped.
    Police announced in September they were looking for a man who had robbed at least a dozen businesses, including the Aug. 8 robbery of the Quiznos in the College Creek Shopping Center.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

kjlaw is offline Swamp Mafia Proud!!!
    Verified LEO
    I saw that on the news last night and was glad I only play in the LEF arcade and have no need to go to any video game stores.
    Lead from the front and always remember those who came first.

Capt. Ocativo "OX" Gonzalez
    EOW 6/16/06

Always remember that a casket is hotter than your vest.

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Soon the whole world will be in the hands of the Swamp Mafia.

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by kjlaw View Post
    I saw that on the news last night and was glad I only play in the LEF arcade and have no need to go to any video game stores.
    I hope you are strapped when you go into the LEF arcade. This gaming stuff is getting pretty serious and some people will do anything to be # 1. I can thing of a couple of loose cannons that frequent the arcade.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Ah more parking lot fertilizer.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    The guard returned fire, hitting the robber multiple times.
    ... and amens were even heard from the back pews.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by smokey703 View Post
    The robber was shot multiple times, but the guard was not hit.
    Sounds like someone spent some time on the range.

Nice shootin!
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Thread Information