Angry Philly cop shot in HEAD

at a Dunkin DOnuts...
    NO this is NOT A JOKE...

Philadelphia Officer Shot in Head by Robber

2 Philadelphia officers shot in 12 hours

By KATHY MATHESON
    The Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA --
    A police officer walked into a doughnut shop Wednesday while it was being robbed and was shot in the head, authorities said, becoming the third officer in four days to be wounded by gunfire in this city.
    The 54-year-old officer, Charles Cassidy, was checking on a Dunkin' Donuts shop around 10 a.m., Police Commissioner Sylvester Johnson said. The robber shot him almost immediately after the officer walked in.
    "He actually walks into a robbery, a holdup, unbeknownst to him," Johnson said.
    The bullet went through the officer's brain, the commissioner said. He was taken to a hospital, where doctors were "doing everything they can to save his life," Johnson said.
    The robber left the shop, returned to pick up the officer's gun and then fled, Johnson said. Police swarmed the North Philadelphia neighborhood in a search for the gunman, combing the area on foot in squad cars and in a police helicopter. More than a dozen schools in the area were locked down.
    Mayor John F. Street said he met with the officer's family at the hospital. "We told them we're going to catch the perpetrator of this act," Street said at a news conference.
    The shooting came about 12 hours after a masked gunman shot Traffic Officer Mario Santiago in the shoulder during a chase downtown.
    Santiago was responding to a report of a gunman in a sport utility vehicle shooting at another car, injuring two men and a woman, police said.
    He was chasing the SUV when the gunman eventually got out of his vehicle and approached the squad car, firing twice through the window. Santiago was hit once in the right shoulder, police Commissioner Sylvester Johnson said.
    Santiago survived and was in fair condition Wednesday.
    The gunman in that shooting apparently jumped into the Schuylkill River, where searchers later recovered a body. Police said Wednesday morning that they had not determined if it was the suspect's body.
    Early Sunday, an officer responding to a melee at a West Philadelphia nightclub was shot in the ankle. More than two dozen bullets were fired, police said. One suspect was fatally shot and another was arrested.
    A monday morning lunatic, disturbed from time to time. Temporary catatonic madman on occasion..

Lightning crashes a new mother cries, her placenta falls to the floor. The angel opens her eyes,the confusion sets in before the doctor can even close the door..
    The views and comments of E-man are mine and mine alone and therefore might not reflect the views of others or people in my current department. As such since this is still America I can post what I want without fear of retribution. I think.

RIP Eric

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Bad times in Philly The officer shot in the brain is in god's hands now, we can only hope.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

CW Mock is offline Trooper
    Verified LEO
    I hope they find that mother***er and give him what he gave - a ****in .40cal Q-tip.

Prayers are going out.
    "I have an open door policy on tickets ... if I have to open my door, you are getting a ticket. If I turn on those lights, somebody has to pay the electric bill."

The opinions given in my posts and comments
    DO NOT reflect any of the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "CW Mock" on LEF/Officer Resource.

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    Good Grief, its Philly not East Baghdad!!

Prayers going out for the Officers, and the perps.
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

iso607 is offline Sergeant
    Verified LEO
    Thoughts and prayers to the officers and family.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    My brother lives in Philly. He tells me it is bad news there.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Thoughts and prayers to the officer and his family.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    I hope to God the officers recover. Prayers enroute.

I met a Philly cop from the traffic unit last Friday night. They were in town for the Vikings/Eagles game. He told me Philly's no joke and they have some bad shit going on there. This officer has 18 years on, but he didn't have a business card, so I can't for the life of me remember his name.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Thoughts to the officer and his family.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Not a good place to be. Prayers to both officers shot.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

OXCOPS is offline Usual Suspect
    Word just coming out that the officer passed away this morning.

deputy29 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    RIP brother. Prayers sent for the family and the other officers.

Thread Information