Welcome to the APBWeb.
    SaraJ is offline Banned

11 Tons of Cocaine Seized

1st November 2007, 12:30 WST

Mexican authorities seized more than 11 tones of cocaine in the western port of Manzanillo, and said it was one of the nation’s biggest drug busts ever.

During a routine inspection, federal police and marines discovered a cargo container filled with packets of drug board the Hong Kong-flagged ship Esmeralda, which departed from Buenaventura, Coilumbia, the Mexican federal attorney general’s office said in a statement today.

Authorities were still weighing the drugs but the statement said their weight had already surpassed 11 tons, making yesterday’s seizure “one of the greatest quantities f cocaine that has been decommissioned in the history of our country,” the statement said.

On October 5, authorities said they seized about 10 tones of cocaine following a shootout in the northern city of Tampico. The street value of all the cocaine seized is somewhere over 1 billion dollars.

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    I bet there is a Columbian drug lord that is pretty pissed off right about now.
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO

OH Yeah?

They better get some DEA folks to be watching that stuff.....I worked with the Mexican "Authorities" when I was in the Narcs. No one in that country can be trusted around a pile like that. Any odds that it will soon be a 5 ton seizure?

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    thats some crazy haul :O

Thread Information