Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Terminator is offline BANNED

It's confirmed that Duane "Dog" Chapman's son taped their infamous conversation, then sold it to a tabloid for lots of money

HONOLULU - Television bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman's son taped a private phone conversation in which the reality star used a racial slur repeatedly, then sold it to a tabloid for "a lot of money," Chapman's lawyer said Thursday. "I guess because of whatever level of anger he had of his father, he felt the need to express it in that manner," attorney Brook Hart told The Associated Press.
    Tucker Chapman could not be reached for comment; no one answered the telephone at a Honolulu number listed under his name.
    The National Enquirer on Wednesday posted on its Web site a clip of a conversation in which Duane Chapman, star of the hit A&E series "Dog the Bounty Hunter," repeatedly used the N-word in reference to Tucker's girlfriend.
    Chapman later apologized to his son and the woman, then learned about how the tape got into the tabloid's hands, Hart said.
    A&E has suspended production of the series, saying the network takes the matter seriously.
    "When the inquiry is concluded, we will take appropriate action," A&E spokesman Michael Feeney said in a statement Thursday.
    The show, in its fifth season and one of A&E's top-rated programs, has not been canceled.
    An after-hours telephone message for David Perel, the Enquirer's editor in chief, was not immediately returned. But earlier in the day, Perel declined to say how the tape was obtained, saying what mattered was what's on the tape.
    In the conversation, Chapman urges Tucker to break up with his girlfriend. He also expresses concern about the girlfriend trying to tape and go public about the TV star's use of the N-word.
    Chapman has said he was "disappointed in his choice of a friend, not due to her race, but her character. However, I should have never used that term." He also said he was ashamed of himself and pledged to make amends.
    Hart said his client is not a racist and vowed never to use the word again.
    "I have never seen anything that suggests he judges people by the color of their skin or racial background or anything but on their character," he said. "Duane lost his composure and made very, very inappropriate remarks, for which he truly regrets."
    The TV series follows Chapman and his tattooed crew as they track down bail jumpers in Hawaii and other states. The show also stars some members of Chapman's family, but Tucker Chapman is not regularly featured.
    The Honolulu-based bounty hunter first grabbed headlines for apprehending serial rapist and Max Factor heir Andrew Luster in Mexico in 2003.

Do you think that the Dog, and his son were in this together to make money?

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    I don't think so. I honestly think this will mark his end. No executive at a major channel would touch him with a 1000ft pole after this. Boycotts, etc. He'll loose his ass over this most likely. If him and his son done this as a publicity stunt, he's a lot dumber than I thought he was.

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I know someone he worked for in Colorado. He always said Chapman was just a car thief and a thug.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    I know someone he worked for in Colorado. He always said Chapman was just a car thief and a thug.
    He spent time in a Texas prison for murder.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    so which son did this? the one that works with him on the show or some other son?

i guess i am numb to the n word... i hear it here about a thousand times a day from black people themselves... though i havent used it myself very often, (i admitt i have used it when i was really pissed off a few times.. which doesnt make it right but hell i am human and i could have just said i have never said it but why ...)...

anyway... there is something weird about him and his whole family. I have not been able to put my finger on it .... i think it is when he goes and actually catches someone... ever really listen to that???

like it starts out they are all praying and everything is about love
    then he confronts some girl hiding in a house and goes loco and his language is crazy and his eyes get all huge
    then he is back to all loving and caring....

dunno but i guess cus i am used to us having a bit of a rein on our emotions, it just seems so bi-freakin-polar.

i cannot judge him for saying the n-word. I am not perfect and have done the same darn thing. Unfortunately for him he just got snagged in a weird one there.

I could never imagine being in the public eye... I am so politically incorrect at times... the press would have a field day with me.

so I hope no one took this post the wrong way... not sure if what i said came out clear or not...
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by gozling View Post
    I am not perfect
    Fooled me

"When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

Quote Originally Posted by TheeBadOne View Post
    Fooled me

We dallied under
    But instead
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    To his world of illusion

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    i guess i am numb to the n word... i hear it here about a thousand times a day from black people themselves... though i havent used it myself very often, (i admitt i have used it when i was really pissed off a few times.. which doesnt make it right but hell i am human and i could have just said i have never said it but why ...)...

anyway... there is something weird about him and his whole family. I have not been able to put my finger on it .... i think it is when he goes and actually catches someone... ever really listen to that???
    not to mention the huge double standard. white folks are expected to hear cracker, whitey, and honky all the time and not be offended....but if we use the term niggardly, which is unrelated etymologically to the proverbial 'n-word,' ignorant people of all backgrounds look at us and say, "what a racist!"

and there IS something weird about that whole family. they are total trash who came into a bunch of money. if you saw them in a trailer, they'd probably fit in better

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Other Niggardly, Politically Incorrect Terms!

http://www.adversity.net/special/niggardly_terms.htm
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    not to mention the huge double standard. white folks are expected to hear cracker, whitey, and honky all the time and not be offended....but if we use the term niggardly, which is unrelated etymologically to the proverbial 'n-word,' ignorant people of all backgrounds look at us and say, "what a racist!"

and there IS something weird about that whole family. they are total trash who came into a bunch of money. if you saw them in a trailer, they'd probably fit in better
    This really chaps my ass to no end.

UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE ... DEFINITION OF RACISM

A Racist: A racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. The term applies to all white people (i.e. people of European descent) living in the United States regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality. By this definition, people of color cannot be racists, because as peoples within the U.S. system they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities or acts of discrimination."

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I don't think It will affect his viewing figures.

I think you have probably got to look at the people who take him seriously to realise nothing he says will either add to, or detract from, their IQ level.

I will admit to watching the programme sometimes, but more along the lines of a comedy series. I mean have you seen his wife run! she needs all the makeup to hide the two black eyes!

Yes Goz I've noticed too how they are big on bad mouthing someone, especially if they are weak, and then going all "Bra" on them as if they are his best mate.

Still he does have one of the finest mullett haircuts in the world.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    so which son did this? the one that works with him on the show or some other son?

The man seriously has a litter of little redneck, hard ass wannabe's. So it had to be one from the "Eastern Division" of Chapmans in Denver.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

lol at you!!!

We dallied under
    But instead
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    To his world of illusion

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post
    The man seriously has a litter of little redneck, hard ass wannabe's. So it had to be one from the "Eastern Division" of Chapmans in Denver.
    :lol: a litter!

its true though. how that man has managed to spread his seed so far and wide is frightening.

i laugh my ass off when his sons talk smack and try to be all 'bad.'

"don't move braugh, or i'll hit you with my 10 pound can of bear mace!"

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    This really chaps my ass to no end.

UNIVERSITY OF DELAWARE ... DEFINITION OF RACISM

A Racist: A racist is one who is both privileged and socialized on the basis of race by a white supremacist (racist) system. The term applies to all white people (i.e. people of European descent) living in the United States regardless of class, gender, religion, culture or sexuality. By this definition, people of color cannot be racists, because as peoples within the U.S. system they do not have the power to back up their prejudices, hostilities or acts of discrimination."
    um...this is the most messed up thing i have ever heard.

We dallied under
    But instead
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    To his world of illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Motorwaycop View Post
    Still he does have one of the finest mullett haircuts in the world.

you have something there lol

We dallied under
    But instead
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    To his world of illusion

Quote Originally Posted by Pudge113 View Post

HAHAHAHAHAH a litter???

well... i did find it interesting the other night when i was watching that he was initiating his daughter who was..... away for a while and came home with child.....(thank god its not half black looking or he would have freaked is my guess... ha bad joke)

so she ran away from dad... had the kid and was fucked so...guess who had the money now to take care of her and child... yikes..

um so really ... how many are there????

We dallied under
    But instead
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    To his world of illusion

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    HAHAHAHAHAH a litter???
    um so really ... how many are there????
    i think a while back it was 12, but one died.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    i think a while back it was 12, but one died.

Or got eaten by it's mother....
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

trekgirl is offline Officer First Class
    His daughter Barbara? was killed in a car accident in Alaska. He found out about it the day of his wedding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information