Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Snakes on a Bus

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Snakes on a Bus

Snakes on a bus: Ind. man accused of illegally transporting baby rattlesnakes from post office

MUNCIE, Ind. _ This time, the snakes weren't on a plane. They were on a bus and their owner is facing charges.
    Dustin Draper, 21, of Muncie, Ind., was arrested after picking up a package of venomous baby timber rattlesnakes at the post office and taking them home on a city bus.
    He faces preliminary charges of possession of an endangered species and transportation of a dangerous reptile without a permit. He was in jail Friday on $3,500 bond.
    Postal inspectors told the Indiana Department of Natural Resources and county police about the shipment of rattlesnakes. Officials were waiting for Draper when he got off the bus near his apartment Thursday.
    ``He wants to be cool and have venomous snakes,'' said Sgt. Ed Rucker, a DNR conservation officer.
    Anyone who handles dangerous or wild animals in Indiana must have a state permit, and possessing endangered species like timber rattlesnakes is illegal, Rucker said.
    The DNR said Draper is a known buyer and broker of venomous snakes. He was arrested last November on charges that he tried to sell an undercover conservation officer an eastern diamondback rattlesnake.
    He was given a suspended 60-day jail term and fined $360 in Muncie City Court. Draper also faces similar charges from August for possession of an adult cobra.
    Draper was advised to get a state wild animal permit but never applied for one, according to court records. 2007 The Canadian Press

Who in the heck would want a poisonous snake for a pet??
    Stupid, Stupid, Stupid!!
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    where's my snake shot.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    The only good snake is a dead snake. I will go out of my way to run over those SOB's if they are in the road.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

jrae Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ManImBored View Post
    The only good snake is a dead snake. I will go out of my way to run over those SOB's if they are in the road.

ditto!

Thread Information