DENVER Though police haven't officially identified the man killed in a Sunday morning shooting in LoDo, family members say he is 25-year-old Theodore Padilla.

"Ted loved to be with family," said his cousin Christina Olson. She adds that he often spent his weekend nights at home. So it was unusual for him to be at Hush Nightclub, on Saturday night.

"Ted didn't really go out that much," said Olson. "So it was rare when it was somebody's birthday and they could actually get Ted to go out."

Police say, before the shooting, a group of people got into an argument inside of the club, at 1403 Larimer Street.

The people left the club, and were at 15th and Market, when an unknown man started shooting.

Police believe he may have fired up to 20 shots, hitting 8 people.

"We have absolutely no idea what really happened," said Olson. But she added that a friend of her cousin said that a group of men took notice of the necklace Padilla was wearing, that night.

"Ted had on a thick, gold chain. And before he was shot, I guess it was ripped off his neck."

Police say the shooter was a Hispanic man. They believe he may have been driving a red or maroon truck, with tinted windows.

Three of the seven surviving victims have been released from the hospital.

Four of them are still hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.

One of the people shot was a woman. Police say all of the victims were between the ages of 22 and 28.

The management of Hush Nightclub declined to speak about the incident, due to the ongoing investigation. But they did release a statement to 9NEWS, saying "We can tell you that we are 100% cooperating with the authorities in helping to solve this matter. We would also like to state that this random act of violence did not take place within Hush Nightclub nor does it represent the patrons of the LoDo area. We feel deeply for the victims and families which are involved in this tragedy and will continue to do our part in helping resolve this matter."

Anyone with information in the case is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 720-913-STOP (7867).
-------------------------------------
http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=80326
-------------------------------------

Boo hoo, another shitbag killed in a LoDo near-riot. I checked, um, I mean a little birdie told me () that the guy is in various gang files and databases.

LawnMM, were you working this?