Welcome to the APBWeb.
    213th is offline Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Unhappy Wounded Soldier loses 3 children in wreck

DALLAS All three young children of a wounded Iraq veteran have died following a car accident that happened on their way to visit their father in a hospital.
    Three weeks after his two siblings died in the Oct. 13 accident, 9-year-old Tyler Johnson died Saturday at Children's Medical Center Dallas.
    Army Spc. John Austin Johnson was waiting for his wife, Lisa, and the children to visit him at Brooke Army Medical Center in San Antonio when the crash occurred on Interstate 10 about 12 miles east of Ozona.
    Authorities said Lisa Johnson overcorrected the steering in her sport utility vehicle when she encountered a gust of wind on the drive from El Paso, and the vehicle rolled at least four times.
    Two-year-old Logan and 5-year-old Ashley died at the scene. Tyler suffered massive head injuries. The mother survived.
    Investigators blamed the accident on a combination of high speed, drowsiness and powerful wind, but said Lisa Johnson was driving at the speed limit.
    The three children were in the back seat. Logan was in a child seat, but the other two children were not wearing seat belts.

A family spokesman, Sgt. 1st Class Eugene Schmidt, said the Johnsons were too upset to talk publicly.
    Johnson, who is stationed at Fort Bliss, survived five brushes with improvised explosive device blasts during two years in Iraq, Schmidt said last month. The latest caused a traumatic brain injury and he speaks with a severe stutter.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    I just saw that on the news. Very sad
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Truly Truly Sad
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    Aw man, that is just about the worst thing I have ever heard of. Those poor kids and parents. I hope they are able to overcome all of this. There are just no words for something this bad.
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    Aw man, that is just about the worst thing I have ever heard of. Those poor kids and parents. I hope they are able to overcome all of this. There are just no words for something this bad.
    +1
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by ex401mp View Post
    I agree.

213th is offline Solipsist
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I agree, there are no words. It is bad enough for a family to lose someone in a war. It's bad enough if they are severely injured...but to be injured and lose all your children...I can't imagine how bad that must be. The only thing I can say I find good in this situation is that the unit is keeping the damn media from speaking to the parents and forcing them to relive this and blame themselves and eachother more then they already must be. The media needs to report, but why talk to the family?
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Thats terrible,
    Thoughts, and prayers sent to the family, and friends.
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Thread Information