Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Talking Comedian/Actor Damon Wayans goes on The View, riles up women by saying Imus was justified in what he said, & women should also get back to the kitchen

Damon Wayans riled up the ladies on The View Wednesday morning by saying he had no issue with Don Imus for using the phrase "nappy-headed ho's" and suggesting women should get back to fulfilling men's "basic needs" – like cooking for them.

"Freedom of speech, what happened to that? What happened to expressing yourself?" Wayans, 47, said in reference to Imus, the shock jock who was fired in April for making derogatory remarks about the Rutgers women's basketball team (and was recently hired by a rival radio station).

Wayans added: "At least I know where he stands. And you know what? When he called them nappy-headed ho's, I went, 'Wow, he's right!' "

That got the co-hosts and the audience shouting over each other, but Wayans said a person's reaction to a statement like that all depends on his or her perspective. "Black people at home are laughing right now," he said. "White people are going, 'That's not right!' It's all cultural."

Moving on to another contentious issue, Wayans said fewer women tend to men's "basic needs" these days.

"Women today, most women I run into, don't want to do the fundamentals," he said. "They don't cook. ... I make the money so she can make something to cook."

Amid the ensuing cacophony, Joy Behar managed to ask: "What if she makes as much money, though, and she says, 'You do the cooking'?"

Wayans replied: "Then we can talk. But I haven't met her. Beyoncé is taken."

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Man has got a point. Am I:

A.) A typical man

B.) A drunk smarta$$

C.) A combination of both?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Interesting!
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked,” Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Man has got a point. Am I:

A.) A typical man

B.) A drunk smarta$$

C.) A combination of both?
    I would say "C," for no specific reason.

However, I have no problem with what Damon Wayans said. He makes a good point about the whole Imus debacle. The cooking part, well, maybe I'm a little bit biased, but my experience has been that there's a lot to be said for a home cooked meal. I don't understand women (or men, for that matter) who proudly say they never cook for their spouses.

Badge212 Guest
    Don Imus is an idiot. He never got ratings, period. And we're talking AM radio. He can't even get ratings. It's not so much the nappy hoe thing, it's just him as a person in general. He's boring.

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    On the issue of Imus, I think he's absolutely right. On the issue of women- that's sexist and wrong.

(Of course, I say that in the hopes of nabbing a hot chick so that she'll cook for me, clean for me, and have sex with me.)
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    O
    (Of course, I say that in the hopes of nabbing a hot chick so that she'll .....have sex with me.)

Yeah, still trying for that huh...good luck.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    C. is the correct answer.

Yes, the Rutgers Women's B'ball team is a bunch of nappy headed hoes.

Women Should Feed Me. F-me, and Shut the F up. Not always in that order.

THANK GOD I'M ALREADY MARRIED!!!!

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Damon Wayans riled up the ladies on The View Wednesday morning by saying he had no issue with Don Imus for using the phrase "nappy-headed ho's" and suggesting women should get back to fulfilling men's "basic needs" – like cooking for them.

"Freedom of speech, what happened to that? What happened to expressing yourself?" Wayans, 47, said
    Freedom of speech is a right. it does NOT guarantee you an audience.

also, if your audience doesn't like what you have to say, guess what? you lose them!

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Yeah, still trying for that huh...good luck.
    Yeah, and women's breast are like bags of...sand.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
    Yeah, and women's breast are like bags of...sand.
    I don't know about that, but when my wife is braless she looks twenty years younger. Her breasts hang down and pull all the wrinkles out of her face!

(j/k) It's an old joke!!!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    "... and make sure you OPEN the friggin' beer this time, Goddamnit!"

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

GumbyDammit is offline Holster Sniffer
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    I don't know about that, but when my wife is braless she looks twenty years younger. Her breasts hang down and pull all the wrinkles out of her face!
    Hmmm, that could work! Maybe I'll offer that suggestion to my wife tonight!!

(ender can I stay at your house if it doesn't work?)
    The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu...

THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.

smokey703 is offline I'm Bi-WINNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post

(j/k) It's an old joke!!!

Thats funny!!
    Wise men stand behind me, brave men stand beside me, but only fools stand against me.

The force that propels you to prevail when you are put to a test of survival will be a mindset that refuses to accept nothing but winning.

Too often, we lose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to reach out and bitch slap that motherf*cker upside the head.

SaraJ is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    C. is the correct answer.

THANK GOD I'M ALREADY MARRIED!!!!
    Yeah. But for how long?

I agree that women should cook and do all that other stuff for their husbands but when the woman is working the same hours as the man . . . ? And who has a one-person-working family anymore?

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Did you SEE some of those chicks from Rutgers? Good god. A few of them looked like they'd give Ender a curbjob before they gave him a...well, you get the idea.

Good for Wayans.

cougar is offline Banned
    What fantasy world does this guy live in? I would love to stay home and cook and clean, but if I did that, with the cost of living as it is, there would be no kitchen or food!!!

deputy29 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    I go out and do the hunting, get the deer, bring it home and cut it up. Then he grills the steaks. Works for us.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=Bb1XP6-NbjY

The video of Daman Wayans.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Doc_Holliday is offline California Dreaming...
    I agree with Wayans on the freedom of speech thing, I hate all the PC bull. As far as women cooking, depends on the situation. My soon to be ex cant cook to save her a$$, so I do it by need. I have a friend who works 60hours a week, his wife is a say at home mom. She cooks and cleans, its viewed as her jo. If she ever went to work outside the home, you better believe he would need to step up and pull his own weight.
    500 fights, that's the number I figured when I was a kid. 500 street fights and you could consider yourself a legitimate tough guy. You need them for experience. To develop leather skin. So I got started. Of course along the way you stop thinking about being tough and all that. It stops being the point. You get past the silliness of it all. But then, after, you realize that's what you are.

Thread Information