Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Standard Dave is offline Constable

Man hit by vehicles during arrest

A man was taken to hospital when he was hit by two vehicles during an arrest.

He was injured after allegedly taking part in an armed robbery in Meadow Close, Stratford, Warwickshire, on Thursday night with another man.
    A man delivering a takeaway meal was threatened with a knife and had his car stolen, police said.
    It then overturned on Red Hill, Billesley. Police, who came across the crash, arrested two men, one of whom ran away and was hit by two vehicles. The Independent Police Complaints Commission has been informed of the incident, in line with standard procedure.

The delivery man had been confronted by two men in hooded tops and one of them had threatened him with a knife, police said.
    He suffered a slight injury but did not need hospital treatment.
    During the incident, a blue Volvo 850 was stolen and was driven on the A46 towards Alcester. The driver is believed to have lost control of the car near to The Stag pub.
    One of the men was hit by two vehicles as he crossed the road. He was taken to Warwick Hospital with suspected leg and spinal injuries but was released after treatment.
    Two men are being held in custody at Leamington Spa in connection with the robbery and the two road incidents. Anyone with information is asked to contact Stratford CID or Crimestoppers.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/c...re/7087159.stm

Don't run from the Police and this kind of thing won't happen.

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Oh dear, what a pity, hard luck!
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    When I worked in East Los Angeles I began a pursuit southbound on Atlantic Av at 3rd street. The suspect vehicle failed to yield at 80+ MPH. As we approached the mix-master intersection of Atlantic, Telegraph and the I-5 freeway his vehicle disappeared. I took the turn around on the I-5 and observed it smoking in the N/1 lane of the freeway. I went around and as I entered the freeway adjacent to the vehicle I saw the suspect driver exit and jump the center median (the N/B lanes were elevated above the S/B lanes). Simultaneously, I heard the screech of brakes and a loud thump, thump, thump! I blocked the lanes behind the suspect vehicle, exited my unit, peered over the divider and saw the suspect lying beneath the front of a LASD unit - which had stopped just short of running over the body. Turns out the suspect, who was an illegal alien from Nicaragua, was wanted for assault and was DUI, got hit by a taxi - while in mid air, then by a VW and finally by a Cadillac. DOA!!! One fine way to tie up a freeway, a dozen officers and ruin the evening for a couple of motorists who did nothing wrong.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Motorwaycop is offline Retired Plod
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Not me but happened on my unit a few years back.
    Officers called to vehicle into centre barrier.
    Get there and seems like the normal one vehicle collision.
    Driver was slighlty injured and ambulance attended.
    As officers dealt with damaged vehicles and cleared carriagewaydriver, jumped off ambulance and ran into carriageway.
    Then hit by innocent family.
    Died in hospital. turns out he was trying to kill himself first collision but failed miserably, didn't realise barrier was designed to give way and absorb impact.
    Deemed as death in custody as officers on scene.
    the sole advantage of power is that you can do more good.
    ( Baltasar Gracian )

Thread Information