Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    213th is offline Solipsist

Burned/Beheaded Sex offender

NORTHVILLE TOWNSHIP, Mich. An autopsy was being conducted Friday morning on a beheaded, burned corpse found on a cul-de-sac about 20 miles northwest of Detroit and identified as a 26-year-old convicted sex offender.
    Police are searching for a burgundy Chevy S-10 pickup truck belonging to the victim, Daniel Gene-Vincent Sorensen, 26, of River Rouge, Mich., after state police used fingerprints to identify the body.
    "We believe it's an isolated incident," said Det. Lt. Michael Wildt of Northville Township Police. "We have to find out who did it, why and where did it happen. This is where we found the body, but we don't believe the person was murdered there."
    Sorensen had been convicted of the criminal sexual abuse of a teen between the age of 13 and 17 in Tazewell County, Ill., according to that state's sex offender registry. But investigators weren't sure if that had anything to do with his brutal death.
    "As of right now we don't have anything that says it is; we don't have anything that says it isn't," Wildt said. "We don't know."
    The body was found Thursday morning by Northville Township public works employees along a road in Hidden Ridge, a subdivision under development. The body was set on fire Wednesday night between 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m., police said
    "It burned for a long time," Wildt said.
    Sorensen's head has not been found and a cause of death has not been released.
    "Who would do something like this to my son?" his father, Jim Sorensen, told MyFOXDetroit.
    Click here to watch the MyFOXDetroit report.
    Sorensen worked odd jobs doing construction and landscape work, police said. He was last seen alive on Wednesday.
    His pickup truck has the Michigan license plate BBV 9503
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    "Who would do something like this to my son?" his father, Jim Sorensen, told MyFOXDetroit.
    a convicted sex offender.
    I'd have to say that doesn't help narrow down the list of "who would do this" too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Virginian View Post
    I'd have to say that doesn't help narrow down the list of "who would do this" too much.
    It may not explain the who but it probably explains the why.

SaraJ is offline Banned
    As it was a sex offender, who cares? Why waste the time figuring out who did it? They performed a service to the community.

OXCOPS is offline Usual Suspect
    I see this as a measure to save my tax dollars from future incarceration and/or monitoring of said shitbag.

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    come now he was a human being too. well sort of. with him being a criminal (sex offender) his rights and well being should be put above the honest hard working productive citizen. (aclu)

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Apparently the homicide cops back there aren't too sharp. They can't determine the cause of death even though his neck now ends at his shoulders. Hmmmmmmm...this is a case for Batman. Holy guillotine, Batman.....we just need to find his head to establish the cause of death.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    There are some cases that should just remain unsolved!

How many overtime hours do you think will be put in on this case?

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Humm,
    Interesting story.

Hey 213,
    Do you have a alibi that can tell us where you were at Wednesday night between 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m??????
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    The video said he was stabbed to death and then beheaded. He was an offender from his teen years with an underaged girlfriend. I think a lot of conclusions are a little premature. Perhaps he asked for a little head and it is just being shrunk!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    The video said he was stabbed to death and then beheaded. He was an offender from his teen years with an underaged girlfriend. I think a lot of conclusions are a little premature. Perhaps he asked for a little head and it is just being shrunk!
    agreed in a lot of ways. from the conviction, we don't know if he was a true POS, or an 18 year old kid who got his 17 year old g/f pregnant and really pissed off her parents.

maybe Illinois law is a bit more specific when it comes to the sex offender registry, but in Michigan, we can't look at a conviction and know for sure if the guy is just a fuckup, or someone who doesn't deserve to live.

this one sounds pretty damn personal to me, so maybe it is related to his conviction or actions...

Quote Originally Posted by k-9max View Post
    Humm,
    Interesting story.

Hey 213,
    Do you have a alibi that can tell us where you were at Wednesday night between 7:30 p.m. and 10:30 p.m??????
    States Secret/Classified for National Security

I'm sorry. I was having a bonfire and I forgot to invite you all

Just KC is offline Who?......Me?
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaBear View Post
    I was going to kinda say same thing. Not all sex offenders are the BAD ones. Unfortunately if you piss off your girlfriends parents, and she is underage and you are 18....you can become a registered sex offender. Doesn't sound like his case was the *force* kind........i hope they find out who did it.
    ~Karie

"I used to care
    but now I take a pill for that"

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    You guys are so quick to say "Who cares?" it's scary.

Here are the facts: he was 26. He was a convicted sex offender. He served time for having sex with a person between 13 and 17 years of age.

What we don't know is what exactly he did wrong. What if he was 18 and had sex with a 17 year old?

Yeah, let him fry. Very compassionate, guys.

But even that aside, he had served his time for his crime. IMO he was square with the house. It's not the public's job to do the job of the court's. The system is in place for a reason. Without it- we are a mob and no one is safe.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

OXCOPS is offline Usual Suspect
    Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    There are some cases that should just remain unsolved!

How many overtime hours do you think will be put in on this case?
    Well, Christmas is just around the corner, so the OT would be nice. Now, the real question is how many OT hours will be spend WORKING on this case?

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    rhino ''Yeah, let him fry. Very compassionate, guys.''

come on rhino, don't stop us from jumping to conclusions and thinking the worst.

"A strong man stands up for himself. A stronger man stands up for others."
    Ben

The old sheriff was attending an awards dinner when a lady commented
    on his wearing his sidearm. "Sheriff, I see you have your pistol. Are you
    expecting trouble?" "No Ma'am. If I were expecting trouble, I would have
    brought my rifle."
    (just stole this one hope you don't mind)

The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they are ignorant,
    it is just that they know so much that isn't so.
    President Ronald Reagan

Badge212 Guest
    Eh. This is a touchy subject I'm sure for some, but it's why I believe that sex offender registries should not be made public. Because for us, who fight crime and try to get people like the victim in this story off the street for the things they do. But others get so pent up with rage when they see who these people are, they kill to release it. And have an easy time doing it. Just point and click and you have an address. So in a way, the registries are deliberately putting those people in harms way. And that's unconstitutional. And as far as I know, guys, we all took an oath to protect that document. No matter what.

And being a native of this area, that is very rare for Northville. The township is upper class, usually a blend of some celebrity folk, retirees and professionals who have the big bucks.
    Last edited by Badge212; 11-10-07 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Grammar errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Badge212 View Post
    Eh. This is a touchy subject I'm sure for some, but it's why I believe that sex offender registries should not be made public. Because for us, who fight crime and try to get people like the victim in this story off the street for the things they do. But others get so pent up with rage when they see who these people are, they kill to release it. And have an easy time doing it. Just point and click and you have an address. So in a way, the registries are deliberately putting those people in harms way. And that's unconstitutional. And as far as I know, guys, we all took an oath to protect that document. No matter what.

And being a native of this area, that is very rare for Northville. The township is upper class, usually a blend of some celebrity folk, retirees and professionals who have the big bucks.
    Kind of along those lines, I see that convicted sex offenders are in some places prohibeted from going to their children's school plays etc etc. I think that is fine, if the person was a child molestor (and no, not someone who got his knob slobbered by a 15y/o when he was 17). But anyways...

Badge212 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    Kind of along those lines, I see that convicted sex offenders are in some places prohibeted from going to their children's school plays etc etc. I think that is fine, if the person was a child molestor (and no, not someone who got his knob slobbered by a 15y/o when he was 17). But anyways...
    Yeah, I agree I guess on what you're saying. I think it should be on a case by case basis. The severity of the crime should dictate the severity of a persons restrictions when he or she manages to leave the corrections world.

I've noticed in Michigan anyway that deaths resulting from sex offenders personal information being public has jumped considerably. It's not uncommon to have it happen around here. It seems to only make it in the news if it happens in suburbia. But hell, Detroit's the murder capital of the free world, so that may be why.

Quote Originally Posted by Badge212 View Post
    Yeah, I agree I guess on what you're saying. I think it should be on a case by case basis. The severity of the crime should dictate the severity of a persons restrictions when he or she manages to leave the corrections world.

I've noticed in Michigan anyway that deaths resulting from sex offenders personal information being public has jumped considerably. It's not uncommon to have it happen around here. It seems to only make it in the news if it happens in suburbia. But hell, Detroit's the murder capital of the free world, so that may be why.
    Yeah, case by case makes sense. I just think I'd have a heard time saying someone can't go to their kids christmas play (do they even do those anymore) in some cases. Not all, but there are some. It might be hell for the offender to explain that to the school board (who would probably make the decision) but, the offender would probably have to explain to the kid eventually why they can never attend.

I've heard anyway, that in some places if you take a leak outside (and yes, I do that driving between here and anchorage, where there is an almost 200 mile stretch with no gas stations or anything) and got caught, you'd have to register. And that I don't think would be the type of crime to keep someone out of seeing their kids play. But, if they were constantly whipping it out in front of people....different story.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information