Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: 2 headed baby

213th is offline Solipsist

2 headed baby

MAPUTO (AFP) - A Mozambican woman has given birth to a baby boy with two heads, hospital officials said on Monday.

Sibone Mocumbi, a spokesman for the main general hospital in the capital Maputo, confirmed that the boy had been born over the weekend but refused to give details.
    However a neighbour of the family, who live in the Magoanine neighbourhood of Maputo, said that the second head was attached to the infant's abdomen.
    "It is a male baby, with two heads, one of which is situated in the abdominal area," described Mario Ntembe, who said he had seen the newly born child.
    Ntembe said that the second head had two eyes, two ears, a mouth and nose, but they were apparently not functioning
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    Where are the pictures?
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by ManImBored View Post
    Where are the pictures?
    That sounds pretty sad looking, I'm not all that sure I want to see pics.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Quote Originally Posted by Cidp24 View Post
    That sounds pretty sad looking, I'm not all that sure I want to see pics.
    agreed.

this and the 8-limbed baby...makes me wonder how I would handle it if I had a baby that had serious physical abnormalities. It's got to be pretty discouraging to the parents.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    agreed.

this and the 8-limbed baby...makes me wonder how I would handle it if I had a baby that had serious physical abnormalities. It's got to be pretty discouraging to the parents.
    I was talking about something similar today with a coworker. Last year a friend of mine was pregnant and learned midway through the pregnancy that the fetus was developing without a skull and with only a portion of the brain. There were other abnormalities as well but those were the most severe. The doctors recommended terminating the pregnancy because of my friend's health and also because they felt that the baby would either not survive until birth, or would die shortly after birth. By the way, she didn't do drugs or drink or do anything that contributed to what happened.

My friend and her husband, because of their religious beliefs, decided to continue the pregnancy and leave it in God's hands. The baby was born prematurely, without a skull and without much of a brain, basically there was nothing above her eyebrows. She really was a very pretty baby, she lived for 14 hours, and for those 14 hours they were able to hold her. It was the saddest funeral I have ever attended.

They said that they were grateful to God for allowing them to become parents even for such a short time, and they are planning to try again at some point in the near future.

I would be terrified. I don't know if I could take that chance again.

Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I was talking about something similar today with a coworker. Last year a friend of mine was pregnant and learned midway through the pregnancy that the fetus was developing without a skull and with only a portion of the brain. There were other abnormalities as well but those were the most severe. The doctors recommended terminating the pregnancy because of my friend's health and also because they felt that the baby would either not survive until birth, or would die shortly after birth. By the way, she didn't do drugs or drink or do anything that contributed to what happened.

My friend and her husband, because of their religious beliefs, decided to continue the pregnancy and leave it in God's hands. The baby was born prematurely, without a skull and without much of a brain, basically there was nothing above her eyebrows. She really was a very pretty baby, she lived for 14 hours, and for those 14 hours they were able to hold her. It was the saddest funeral I have ever attended.

They said that they were grateful to God for allowing them to become parents even for such a short time, and they are planning to try again at some point in the near future.

I would be terrified. I don't know if I could take that chance again.
    I don't see much of an option in my eyes. I wouldn't want to terminate a pregnancy. But, legally, wouldn't be up to me

Thread Information