Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Terminator is offline BANNED

New Jersey Police Force's SWAT Team busted having fun with Hooters Girls on duty, making racist comments

A Fox 5 exclusive: Our investigative team has obtained disturbing pictures involving a local police lieutenant who is already in hot water. What you're about to see raises serious questions about the character and reputation of an elite and highly trained part of the police department. After the story aired, the mayor of Hoboken announced some big changes. Watch John Deutzman's original report and his Thursday update, and then view some other photos that were not in his report. Also read the lieutenant's response.

http://media.myfoxny.com/swat/swat/swathooters.html (link w/video)

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Maybe he should not have allowed them to play with his...guns but come on, those girls are FINE. I think he was setup.
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Dang! My Lt. never took any of us to "Hooters"
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    I caught this on the local news here in NJ. They looked like that had a good time! Hope it was worth it.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    It's sad that society relishes something like this....... They love to put any bad things about police on TV.....

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Looks like it was a fun team to be on.

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    I am sure it used to be anyway. ^^^
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by dadyswat View Post
    Looks like it was a fun team to be on.

Maybe so.....but I think that the fun is just about over. A number of police careers are over because of this nonsense and some innocent folks are going down as well because they were dragged into this by an unthinking leader or couldn't get out of the way fast enough.

The city loses, the department loses and the citizens they are supposed to be protecting lose. Who can you trust? That is the question that will be on every officer's mind for months to come. As this investigation procedes, the paranoia it will cause can ruin a good shop. I have seen this happen before. Soon the guilty will start dropping names of the innocent to try to buy their way out of the jam.

Those whose police career stops now will fight dirty to keep their pension and the racist angle brought forward by the 5 hispanic cops will polarize the various factions on the department. The NOTED absence of the chief during this recent press conference pretty much tells you that he is done. They brought in a hired gun to conduct the review and you have to know that his orders were...."start at the top and work your way down". The mayor has to go out front but you can plainly see that it isn't he who is going to pay for this little fiasco.

This department just BEGAN taking it in the shorts over this crap and I suspect it will last for some time. The media smells blood and they won't leave it alone. Even if this was all contrived (do you realy believe that?) the results will pretty much be the same. The ball is rolling and it won't be stopped till someone hangs.

Still think this is a fun unit?

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Maybe if cops in Hoboken had blue flu for 72 hours enmasse, maybe the idiots they patrol around would gain some understanding.

Naa, sheep are too stupid to learn from that.

danninator is offline po-leece
    Verified LEO
    Cops going to Hooters? That's fine. Bringing out your guns and taking pictures? That's just asking for it.
    No life 'til leather gunna kick some ass tonight.

SARG is offline Banned
    That Lt. is all done. Hopefully he can save the pension.

Operator13 is offline Just Another Voice
    Was just talking to one of the corporals here.

He said the SERT team here isn't even supposed to allow another Trooper handle their weapons.

What were they thinking ?
    "The statements and opinions contained in this communication do not necessarily reflect the official position of the Commission regarding these issues."

PeterJasonMN Guest
    So what exactly was the racial aspect of this whole deal? All I've seen anyone focused on (thankfully) is hot chicks with guns.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    So what exactly was the racial aspect of this whole deal? All I've seen anyone focused on (thankfully) is hot chicks with guns.

Perhaps reading the story and not just looking at the pictures might help.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Civilians are allowed to handle unloaded SWAT weapons and pose for pictures with them in Citizens Police Academies. I don't see any harm in it, but they should have known that the media would ruin it by making a big huge deal out of it, even if the guns were personal weapons and unloaded, just because it was Hooters girls.

What I do see as a problem is the mixing of guns and alcohol, if that's what they were doing - That's even illegal in Texas. They shouldn't have been doing that at a bar! What were they thinking?

Sounds like that's the least of the Lt's troubles, though.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    hot chicks with guns.

Yes, there is nothing better.

It was stupid of any off these guys to act this way. Although unless I missed something it should not cost their jobs. That would be a bit much.
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    only two pics about the racist deal, one with an confederate hat on which proves that your racist and the other of making a napkin into a klan hood wow he must have a small head or a huge napkin. Everything else, if you dont want problems dont take pics

Growler is offline I is not happy
    Verified LEO
    Wow. They were on their way home and stopped there...

The issue which seems to be lingering is fun off duty versus fun on duty. Lt. says fun was off duty, which is okay as a unit to do stuff together off duty. If only they had changed cars and left the weapons at home, this would not have not happened.

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    Perhaps reading the story and not just looking at the pictures might help.

Reading??????

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information