Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO

Family of Tawana Brawley Wants to Revisit Infamous Rape Case

Family of Tawana Brawley Wants to Revisit Infamous Rape Case

NEW YORK — Twenty years after her allegations of a racially charged rape became a national flashpoint, Tawana Brawley's mother and stepfather want to reopen the case, a newspaper reported Sunday.

Glenda Brawley and Ralph King want to press Gov. Eliot Spitzer and state Attorney General Andrew Cuomo to re-examine the November 1987 incident, which a state grand jury ultimately concluded was a hoax, the Daily News reported.

"New York State owes my daughter. They owe her the truth," said Glenda Brawley. She reiterated her stance that her daughter was indeed raped by a group of white men who smeared her with feces and scrawled racial epithets on her body.

Representatives for Spitzer and Cuomo did not immediately respond to telephone and e-mail messages early Saturday.

Brawley was 15 when she went missing for four days from her home in Wappingers Falls, about 75 miles north of New York City. After being found, she made the shocking allegation that she had been abducted and raped by six white law enforcement officials.

The case quickly made headlines and drew the attention of the Rev. Al Sharpton, who became an outspoken advocate for the teen.

But a special state grand jury found evidence Brawley had fabricated her story. A former Dutchess County prosecutor who had been implicated in the case later sued Brawley, Sharpton and other Brawley advisers for defamation, winning a $345,000 judgment against the advisers and a $185,000 judgment against Brawley.

A spokeswoman for Sharpton, who was held liable for $65,000 in the case, did not immediately respond to an e-mail message early Sunday. The former prosecutor's lawyer did not immediately return a telephone message.

Brawley has changed her name and become a nurse, the Daily News reported.

"When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO

Unhappy

Oh Yeah! Lets all give the good reverend another shot at f___ing over his community.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    Good old Al has never paid one cent of the judgment.
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Why? Seems like his assets could have a lien placed on it.

Then again, he is the Revered One.

So Fla Cop is offline Trunk Monkey Supporter
    Verified LEO
    FUCK FAT AL SHARPTON PIECE OF SHIT.

All they want is free guvmint cheese. Maybe Sanford Rubenstein can handle the theft for free for them and then "contribute" to Fat Al and his KKK members.

This country is doomed by the Liberals and Democrooks.

September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Verified LEO

This is the only thing that makes me believe there is hope

Beg pardon, but who died and made Al Sharpton president of the Negroes?
    Not that Sharpton has ever declared himself as such. But the fact that some regard him as black America’s chief executive was driven home for the umpteenth time a few days ago after TV reality-show bounty hunter Duane “Dog” Chapman got in trouble for using a certain toxic racial epithet — starts with “n,” rhymes with digger — on the phone with his son.
    As you may have heard, Chapman was expressing disapproval of the son’s black girlfriend. “It’s not because she’s black,” he said. “It’s because we use the word ‘n — ‘ sometimes here. I’m not going to take a chance ever in life of losing everything I’ve worked for for 30 years because some f — n — heard us say ‘n — ‘ and turned us in to the Enquirer magazine.”
    Naturally, the son sold a tape of the conversation to The National Enquirer. Which leaves me in the awkward position of simultaneously loathing what Chapman said and pitying him for having raised a rat-fink son who would sell out his own father for a few pieces of silver. Anyway, with his life and career circling the drain, an apologetic Chapman fell back on what is becoming standard operating procedure for celebrities who defame black folk. He contacted Sharpton.
    In so doing, he follows the trail blazed by Don Imus, Washington shock jock Doug “Greaseman” Tracht and Michael Richards, who all sought out Sharpton (or, alternately, Jesse Jackson) after saying what they wished they had not. They were all in turn following the news media, which, whenever a quote on some racial matter is required, turn to the right reverends by reflex. You’d think they knew no other Negroes.
    I don’t begrudge Jackson or Sharpton their fame. Jena, La., might have gone unnoticed had they not used that fame to direct public attention there. Still, I question whether we ought not by now have grown beyond the notion that one or two men can speak for, or offer absolution in the name of, 36 million people.
    Certainly, black America has a long and distinguished history of charismatic leadership, from Frederick Douglass to Booker T. Washington to W.E.B. DuBois to Marcus Garvey to Malcolm X to Martin Luther King Jr. It was King to whom the “president of the Negroes” honorific was jokingly applied during the civil-rights era in recognition of the moral authority that allowed him to rally masses. Since King’s murder in 1968, a number of men have jockeyed to position themselves as his heir. They have not been conspicuous by their success.
    Louis Farrakhan couldn’t do it, handicapped as he is by the fact that he is Louis Farrakhan. Sharpton couldn’t do it; one hardly thinks of moral authority when one thinks of the man at the center of the Tawana Brawley debacle. Jesse Jackson seemed to presage a new era of charismatic leadership when he ran for president, but he is dogged by a perception some of us have that he serves no cause higher than himself.
    But beyond the strengths and weaknesses of the men who seek to be charismatic leaders, there is a sense that the job itself has grown obsolete. Who, after all, are the nation’s white leaders? To what one man or woman do you apologize when you insult white folks? Doesn’t the very idea that there could be one person deny the complexity and diversity of the population?
    Similarly, black America is served by dozens of magazines, Web sites, television networks and media figures that did not exist when King was killed. So it’s about time news media — and those who will insult us in the future — get past this notion that one or two people are anointed to speak for 36 million. That is a simplistic, antiquated and faintly condescending idea.
    I speak for myself. Don’t you?
    Miami Herald columnist Leonard Pitts Jr.’s column appears Sunday on editorial pages of The Times. His e-mail address is: lpitts@herald.com
    2007, The Miami Herald
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Big Sexy is offline Not your mothers BIG SEXY
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by So Fla Cop View Post
    Beg pardon, but who died and made Al Sharpton president of the Negroes?
    Not that Sharpton has ever declared himself as such. But the fact that some regard him as black America’s chief executive was driven home for the umpteenth time a few days ago after TV reality-show bounty hunter Duane “Dog” Chapman got in trouble for using a certain toxic racial epithet — starts with “n,” rhymes with digger — on the phone with his son.
    As you may have heard, Chapman was expressing disapproval of the son’s black girlfriend. “It’s not because she’s black,” he said. “It’s because we use the word ‘n — ‘ sometimes here. I’m not going to take a chance ever in life of losing everything I’ve worked for for 30 years because some f — n — heard us say ‘n — ‘ and turned us in to the Enquirer magazine.”
    Naturally, the son sold a tape of the conversation to The National Enquirer. Which leaves me in the awkward position of simultaneously loathing what Chapman said and pitying him for having raised a rat-fink son who would sell out his own father for a few pieces of silver. Anyway, with his life and career circling the drain, an apologetic Chapman fell back on what is becoming standard operating procedure for celebrities who defame black folk. He contacted Sharpton.
    In so doing, he follows the trail blazed by Don Imus, Washington shock jock Doug “Greaseman” Tracht and Michael Richards, who all sought out Sharpton (or, alternately, Jesse Jackson) after saying what they wished they had not. They were all in turn following the news media, which, whenever a quote on some racial matter is required, turn to the right reverends by reflex. You’d think they knew no other Negroes.
    I don’t begrudge Jackson or Sharpton their fame. Jena, La., might have gone unnoticed had they not used that fame to direct public attention there. Still, I question whether we ought not by now have grown beyond the notion that one or two men can speak for, or offer absolution in the name of, 36 million people.
    Certainly, black America has a long and distinguished history of charismatic leadership, from Frederick Douglass to Booker T. Washington to W.E.B. DuBois to Marcus Garvey to Malcolm X to Martin Luther King Jr. It was King to whom the “president of the Negroes” honorific was jokingly applied during the civil-rights era in recognition of the moral authority that allowed him to rally masses. Since King’s murder in 1968, a number of men have jockeyed to position themselves as his heir. They have not been conspicuous by their success.
    Louis Farrakhan couldn’t do it, handicapped as he is by the fact that he is Louis Farrakhan. Sharpton couldn’t do it; one hardly thinks of moral authority when one thinks of the man at the center of the Tawana Brawley debacle. Jesse Jackson seemed to presage a new era of charismatic leadership when he ran for president, but he is dogged by a perception some of us have that he serves no cause higher than himself.
    But beyond the strengths and weaknesses of the men who seek to be charismatic leaders, there is a sense that the job itself has grown obsolete. Who, after all, are the nation’s white leaders? To what one man or woman do you apologize when you insult white folks? Doesn’t the very idea that there could be one person deny the complexity and diversity of the population?
    Similarly, black America is served by dozens of magazines, Web sites, television networks and media figures that did not exist when King was killed. So it’s about time news media — and those who will insult us in the future — get past this notion that one or two people are anointed to speak for 36 million. That is a simplistic, antiquated and faintly condescending idea.
    I speak for myself. Don’t you?
    Miami Herald columnist Leonard Pitts Jr.’s column appears Sunday on editorial pages of The Times. His e-mail address is: lpitts@herald.com
    2007, The Miami Herald

REPOST

http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/...37&postcount=1
    Don't Be Afraid To Fail.

No Tengas Miedo Al Fracaso.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Sexy View Post

Sorry...can I have 2 demerits?

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    there is nothing wrong with govt cheese
    lol

glad to hear this turned out as one for the good guys
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

213th is offline Solipsist
    FUCK FAT AL SHARPTON PIECE OF SHIT.

All they want is free guvmint cheese. Maybe Sanford Rubenstein can handle the theft for free for them and then "contribute" to Fat Al and his KKK members.

This country is doomed by the Liberals and Democrooks.
    +1
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Big Sexy is offline Not your mothers BIG SEXY
    Verified LEO
    Sorry...can I have 2 demerits?
    Well, since you are asking nicely, yes.
    Don't Be Afraid To Fail.

No Tengas Miedo Al Fracaso.

Thread Information