Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Big Sexy is offline Not your mothers BIG SEXY
    Verified LEO

Police: Man abandons injured kids after crash

Police: Man abandons injured kids after crash

WOODVILLE, Ohio -- Police are searching for a Detroit man who is suspected of abandoning his two injured children after crashing his car near Woodville, Ohio, on Friday.

Police said Nicholas Maldonado, 23, crashed into three utility poles near the Ohio turnpike after police attempted to stop him for a speeding violation.

After the crash, police said Maldonado took off on foot and left behind his daughter Lelyanna Maldonado, 2, and Adrianna Maldonado, 4, both of Freemont, and Laura Miller, 18, of Michigan, according to police.

All the passengers were flown to St. Vincent Mercy Medical Center, said troopers. Health officials said Adrianna was in serious condition and Lelyanna was in good condition. A hospital spokesman said she had no information on Miller, the Toledo Blade reported.

According to the police report, shortly after crashing, Maldonado stole a pickup truck from a body shop and later crashed it into a field near the Ohio Turnpike. The Toledo Blade said the man attempted to steal a tractor-trailer, but was unsuccessful.

A trooper later spotted him trying to hitchhike on the toll road.
    Police used a helicopter and canine unit to search for Maldonado, however the search was called off Friday night. Later that evening Maldonado led a state trooper on a high-speed chase before crashing another stolen pickup truck in a Burger King parking lot and fleeing on foot.

Police describe Maldonado as white, with brown hair and brown eyes, 5 feet and 7 inches tall and weighing about 135 pounds.

Copyright 2007 by ClickOnDetroit.com. All rights reserved.
    Don't Be Afraid To Fail.

No Tengas Miedo Al Fracaso.

hush29 is offline Corporal
    What an assbag
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

+1
    Resistance is Futile

GumbyDammit is offline Holster Sniffer
    When he comes down from his binge he will want to know how the state can just "steal" his kids... especially when the govt. assistance he's been getting for them turns off.
    The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu...

THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by hush29 View Post
    What an assbag

That apparently can't drive for shit. He should steal bicycles rather than cars.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Holy shit, though. He sure knows how to get away from the cops! How many times did they lose him??

Seriously though, this shitbag needs to fry.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Isnt RECA from Ohio? That might explain this dirt bag getting away ....

Also like 121 Traffic says, how can this dip shit get away that many times.

I pray for the kids but not for el'dipshit

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by GumbyDammit View Post
    When he comes down from his binge he will want to know how the state can just "steal" his kids... especially when the govt. assistance he's been getting for them turns off.

That's be nice, but we all know how easy it is to get the assistance, so I figure it's hard to get it taken away.... He will figure out another way to suck off of the system.

GumbyDammit is offline Holster Sniffer
    Quote Originally Posted by Star Man View Post
    That's be nice, but we all know how easy it is to get the assistance, so I figure it's hard to get it taken away.... He will figure out another way to suck off of the system.
    Yeah, sad but unfortunately true.
    The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu...

THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Screw it shoot the a-hole and save someones life in the future

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
    Screw it shoot the a-hole and save someones life in the future

Me too, Armsmaster! The description should also have included that he is a shit-for-brains.....too bad we can't put that on the bolo.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Nice....definately a canidate for parent of the year. Unbelievable. Some people should not be able to breed...case in point.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Thread Information