Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Virginian is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 2

Clinton donor charged with impersonating lawyer, police officer

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...olice-officer/

A major contributor to Democratic causes and candidates has surrendered to face charges that he impersonated a lawyer and a police officer.
    Mauricio Celis turned himself in Monday and then was released after posting $50,000 bail. District Attorney Carlos Valdez argued for $1 million bail, saying Celis was a flight risk.
    "I don't appreciate the fact that the prosecution is treating me like a second-class citizen," Celis said during the hearing.
    Celis has contributed thousands of dollars to state and federal candidates, including the presidential campaign of Sen. Hilary Clinton. Several candidates for state office who accepted campaign cash from Celis have since donated the funds to charity.
    Celis, 36, was indicted Friday on charges of impersonating a lawyer, impersonating a police officer, theft and perjury.
    He has a controlling interest in the CGT Law Group of Corpus Christi even though he is not an attorney. Texas law prohibits anyone not licensed as a lawyer from owning a controlling interest in a law firm.
    Although the indictment was returned Monday, Celis' bail hearing was delayed because two judges recused themselves from the proceedings. Judges do not have to give a reason for recusal.
    Among the conditions of bail, Celis must place a sign at the CGT Law Group offices stating he is not a lawyer, and surrender his passport and any firearms he owns.
    If the criminal charges are tried together and Celis is found guilty, he could face up to 10 years in prison plus fines. If the counts are tried separately, he could face 32 years plus fines.

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    Not very surprising considering that Clinton is falsely impersonating a politician.....

GumbyDammit is offline Holster Sniffer
    I'm sure she knew nothing about his donations and probably had never heard of him before (even if you do find pictures of them having lunch together)!
    The other night there was a loud argument in the hall outside my apartment while I was trying to sleep. I went out and told them they better leave or I was gonna use some Kung-Fu...

THAT scared them off...

Plus I was totally nekkid and holding a gun.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    What?? A Clinton surrounded by seedy characters? Supported by criminal activity?

Say it isn't SO!! Oh, the humanity...

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    "I don't appreciate the fact that the prosecution is treating me like a second-class citizen," Celis said during the hearing.
    Celis has contributed thousands of dollars to state and federal candidates, including the presidential campaign of Sen. Hilary Clinton.
    Okay, but golly gee Batman, how should you be treated when you are facing these charges?

Celis, 36, was indicted Friday on charges of impersonating a lawyer, impersonating a police officer, theft and perjury.
    How dare he place himself in the same league as a LEO - even though pretending - when trying to pass himself off as a lawyer. That is like trying to mix oil and water. LEOs always rise to the top!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Thread Information