Welcome to the APBWeb.
    CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Mike Tyson gets to wear pink undies for Joe Arpaio

http://www.modbee.com/2051/story/129193.html

PHOENIX

Mike Tyson reported to jail Tuesday, an open-air facility near a dog pound and trash dump where he'll serve a one-day sentence for a DUI conviction.

The former heavyweight champion will be held in a secluded part of Tent City, apart from the 1,500 other inmates. Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who runs the jail, said Tyson still must wear the jail-issue pink underwear and black-and-white striped jumpsuit.

Besides the day in jail, Tyson was sentenced to three years' probation. He also must perform 360 hours of community service and undergo drug testing.

The 41-year-old boxer pleaded guilty Sept. 24 to one count of felony cocaine possession and one misdemeanor count of driving under the influence. The charges stem from his arrest last year after leaving a Scottsdale club.

Officers stopped Tyson when they spotted him driving erratically. Police said they saw Tyson brush a white powder off his dashboard, and they found baggies of cocaine in Tyson's pockets and in his car.

Tyson faced a maximum sentence of four years and three months in prison. Prosecutors recommended a one-year sentence, but the judge said the boxer has tried to atone for his crimes.

During a sentencing hearing Monday, Judge Helene Abrams said she was impressed with the boxer's attempts to complete his GED and how he voluntarily sought treatment for drug addiction.

"Sobriety is a lifetime job," Abrams told Tyson.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    A whopping one day for DUI and Possesion....they oughta parade his ass around the block in those pink boxers
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    The time is not appropriate I agree, but I wouldnt want to be the guy that disses him for his pink undees

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
    The time is not appropriate I agree, but I wouldnt want to be the guy that disses him for his pink undees
    Or his high pitched voice.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
    but I wouldnt want to be the guy that disses him for his pink undees
    I pity the fool - wait, that's Mr. T =/ not Tyson =/
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Star Man is offline Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
    Verified LEO
    No kidding,,, Felony possession AND Misdemeanor DUI and all he gets is one lousy day in jail,,,, Secluded away from others no less....

Ruffy is offline Officer First Class
    Verified C/O
    Yeah that was my jail he did his self surrender at man...but it was for only one day..I mean come on... should of been longer then that...but w/e I guess
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<Shake and Bake>

PeterJasonMN Guest
    I was watching OLD clips of Tyson from back in the 80s. God damn. If Cus D'Amato hadn't died when he did, it's scary to think of how long Tyson would have dominated boxing.

Thread Information