Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

High school student suspended for admitting he knows how to tie a noose

Accusations of racism in a Lee's Summit high school have lead to suspensions, but now the parents say their kids were unfairly punished.

There's apparently been some racial tension in the band at Lee's Summit West, specifically on the drum line. Students were talked to a couple weeks ago because both the black and white kids were using the "n word" and the band director told them to stop. But then talk about a noose landed a couple kids in big trouble.

Travis Grigsby loves playing drums, but he and his friend Alex Coday weren't able to play for two weeks after they were suspended. It started after the band's performance at a football game. Some kids on the drum line said they were talking about the best knots to use to tie up the drum equipment.

"Someone asked if anybody knew how to tie a noose and Travis did admit he knew how to tie a noose," Kim Grigsby said.

Travis' mom said her son is almost an Eagle Scout, he knew how to tie it, but told his friends he wouldn't because you could get in trouble for that. Later, a black student on the drum line told the teacher he was offended.

"Travis was accused of using a racial slur for saying the word 'noose.' Then he was suspended for 10 days," Kim said.

She said the school district accused the boys of having a racially charged conversation about nooses, but Travis and Alex insist that's not what happened.

"I don't feel they let Alex or Travis tell their side of the story," Kim said.

Alex's parents wrote to the district saying this is pushing the kids apart instead of bringing them together. Other kids and parents agree.

"We just want what's fair for our boys," Kim said. "They're good boys, get good grades, participate in school activities."

The school did shorten the kids' school suspension to only five days, but it will affect their grades.

"They are being punished beyond what is even near reasonable," Kim said.

The school district said it can't comment because of privacy issues, but said no one is aware of any racial tensions at the school. The administrators said they did investigate it thoroughly.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yea!!!! More good news on the PC I'm offended front. My kids would be out of that public [read government] school ASAP.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I wish I could get my kids out of public school. I can't afford it.
    Needless to say this stuff is getting out of hand.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Good thing I didn't tell anyone I knew how to draw a swastika!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I know how to draw a vagina and I would love to tell this school board that they are a bunch of Politically Correct PUS*%$#

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Is that Alabamian for "Pussies"?

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Needless to say this stuff is getting out of hand.
    Agreed.

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    wow.......................
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Let me get this straight.

The kid got suspended because of an allegation that he admitted knowing how to tie a noose (it's not a hard knot), and then NOT tying one because he'd get suspended? And maybe because he used a "racial slur" to name the knot? (Does anyone know a name for a noose that includes a racial slur?)

If they were my kids, I'd have been raising hell. Since when does accusation justify punishment without support? There had to be witnesses...

Rhino is offline Meat-eater & Fire-breather
    Verified LEO
    Jesus H. Tapdancing Christ!

The student was suspended because another student was offended. Boo fucking hoo! I would have told that black student "there's a lot of shit in this world that's going to offend you, get used to it, and get over it."

I'm sick and tired of the government-indoctronation clinics. It's gone way the fuck past "out of hand". "Out of hand" was two exits back!

What these schools want is a generation of people who won't question the government when they take away your right to free speech, independant thought, firearms, and unreasonable searches and seizures. They are raising them like this so that when they grow up, their rights will be easier to take away.

If I'm ever dumb enough to have a kid, I hope I have the means to send them to a private school or have them home schooled. Because if not, they are going to have more demonstrations and protests than Berkley in the 60s.
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then someone isn't thinking." -Gen. George S. Patton

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Funny, I always associated nooses with frontier justice, and nothing else. I've known how to tie nooses since I was about 10 or so, possibly before that since it's a common knot for fishing. I use them just about every year when hanging my halloween decorations.

I should dig up an old scout's manual and mail them a copy of the chapter on knots, with the hangman's knot highlighted.

What a punch of PC Pussies.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    What a punch of PC Pussies.
    thats about it.

i despair for the up and coming generation of people who will cry if somebody looks at them wrong.

and the sad part is, it won't be their fault, it will be the gaping vaginas and liberal feel good mindsets of the tree huggers today!

Evans is offline Term # 2
    If i had to sum it up in one word.... HORSESHIT!... would be my word of choice

Thread Information