Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO

Angry Thes Punks have no respect!

Skateboarders on notice

ST. LOUIS Dig this, skateboarders: Treading on the names of fallen police officers will get the wheels of justice spinning mad.

Earlier this month, a band of young skaters from Illinois and Missouri were arrested for popping tricks on the police memorial downtown. After seizing their boards, police took the crew into custody and booked them on suspicion of felony property damage.

Downtown with its array of stairs, ramps and rails has long been a favorite obstacle course for local skaters. The police memorial near the steps of the Circuit Court, featuring a slick marble plaque about a foot off the ground, is especially appealing.

But police warn that their monument, dedicated to officers killed in the line of duty, is strictly off-limits. It's not the most pressing crime in the city. But it's one police take personally.

"We just want to make it very, very clear: This is not open for skateboarding," Lt. Col. Roy Joachimstaler said of the memorial. "We will take every lawful means in our power to stop it from occurring."

The troupe of skateboarders arrested recently learned that lesson the hard way.

On the night of Nov. 2, police responded to a call that a group was "skateboarding and climbing on the memorial," according to a police report.

Three of the suspects were caught while riding away from the courthouse. Seven others were apprehended by a deputy city marshal stationed at City Hall. The marshal followed the group down Chestnut Street, where she found them hiding behind the Richard Serra sculpture on the Gateway Mall.

The skateboarders had been spotted using the metal "trucks" that attach the wheels to their boards to "grind" along the smooth face of the memorial. Police discovered "deep scratches and gouge marks" in the memorial, as well as the residue of wax, used by skaters to lubricate surfaces, the report said.

The skateboarders apparently were unaware of the site's significance. According to the police report, one skater told officers: "Man, I didn't know that sculpture was important. We were just skating, dude."

In all, 10 skaters ages 14-24 were arrested. Seven skateboards and a chunk of wax were taken into evidence.

Shelley Williams, who lives near Collinsville, said her teenage daughter did not realize what a "slap in the face it was" to skate on the memorial. She said she has not heard more from police since her daughter was detained.

"This was a traumatic experience for her and some of the other kids she was with," said Williams, who maintains her daughter was only watching, not skating.

The skateboarders have not been officially charged yet. Police are waiting on an official damage estimate before discussing options with the prosecutor's office. If the cost to repair the memorial is over $750, the skateboarders could be looking at a felony that carries up to four years in jail and a $5,000 fine.

Joachimstaler, chairman of the nonprofit association that maintains the memorial, is not sympathetic.

"We were deeply offended. But you know what? We were hurt also," he said. "Rather than skateboarding, we felt those folks should have taken the time to bow their head."

The memorial, erected in 1989, features a statue of a rookie police officer looking down on the names of 158 fallen officers. (Patrolman Norvelle Brown, killed Aug. 15, has not been added yet.)

Despite its solemn purpose, the memorial has attracted skaters for years. The elevated platform, and nearby railings, offers a stage for stunts, says Jason Ebenrick, who owns Infinity Skate Shop in south St. Louis County.

"We would be there every day" if it was allowed, he said.

Ebenrick himself learned early on to stay away. As a teenager, Ebenrick was caught at the memorial by a "really cool cop" who, instead of handcuffs, offered a lecture about respect.

"That particular spot is one that most of us old guys, and some smarter young guys, know is a big no-no," Ebernick, 29, said. "Think about what the thing actually stands for. It's a big deal."
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    stupid kids
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by bufford408 View Post
    stupid kids
    The last skater kid they talked to seems to have his act together though.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Hammer them.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Illiy is offline Corporal
    No respect...

Bosco3379 is offline I'm the one in the middle
    I hate teenagers like that... No respect at all...
    Former member of the LNC

Will take verbal abuse for spare change

Some Of My Wicked Awesome Signature Banners

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    The last skater kid they talked to seems to have his act together though.
    Good, one that has his shit together. He will probably grow up to be a cop then arrest the others.
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Hooray for the good guys! Book-em Danno.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

PeterJasonMN Guest
    The answer to that is REEEEEEAL simple.

You keep a sledgehammer at the PD. When you catch some of these shitheads doing that, you have someone bring the sledge up, and then byebye board. Period. No gloating, no shit talking, just wham-o.

That or wait until they're doing some stupid "stunt" and give the siren a good wail.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    why dont they just go shit on their graves too
    fucking assholes
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by gozling View Post
    why dont they just go shit on their graves too
    fucking assholes

Kinda hard for the cops to shit on those punks graves when they're not dead yet.

That's where my idea about the siren comes into play.

Blondes.

CW Mock is offline Trooper
    Verified LEO
    Just put some bolts through the rail one night and watch what happens when the first shitbird grinds across it.

We had somebody do that at my college when I was working security. I had to call the SOBs an ambulance because they got ground and sliced up like cheese. Never did find all the teeth.
    "I have an open door policy on tickets ... if I have to open my door, you are getting a ticket. If I turn on those lights, somebody has to pay the electric bill."

The opinions given in my posts and comments
    DO NOT reflect any of the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "CW Mock" on LEF/Officer Resource.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    Kinda hard for the cops to shit on those punks graves when they're not dead yet.

That's where my idea about the siren comes into play.

Blondes.

I think what the officer you are quoting was saying was that the boarders may have well shit on the graves as grind on the memorial.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    I caught what Goz was saying, peterjason, might want to read it again bro.
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

UH_OH_5_OH is offline I get PAID to do this?
    Trapped in ILLINOIS...and hoping for parole !
    These kids are the same reason animals eat their young !
    Never Search Alone !
    In memory of Captain Robbie Bishop
    www.ncea314.com

*Can someone explain to me why the heck I should have to Press 1 for ENGLISH ???

PeterJasonMN Guest
    con and K9:

You might want to re-read what -I- was saying.

Instead of them shitting on the officer's graves, I was turning it around saying the cops should start shitting on the boarder's graves for a change.

Notice the rolling-smiley after "Blondes"?

Quote Originally Posted by conalabu View Post
    I think what the officer you are quoting was saying was that the boarders may have well shit on the graves as grind on the memorial.

thanks con...
    yeah.. i was talking about how if they are going to be so disrespectful they might as well shit on the officers grave...

guess i needed to spell that out in tard lingo
    lol

now who was calling who what?

We dallied under
    But instead
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    To his world of illusion

Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    con and K9:

You might want to re-read what -I- was saying.

Instead of them shitting on the officer's graves, I was turning it around saying the cops should start shitting on the boarder's graves for a change.

Notice the rolling-smiley after "Blondes"?
    ok i got you now..but the way you posted it didn't make it sound like that my dear.

We dallied under
    But instead
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    To his world of illusion

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by gozling View Post
    thanks con...
    yeah.. i was talking about how if they are going to be so disrespectful they might as well shit on the officers grave...

guess i needed to spell that out in tard lingo
    lol

now who was calling who what?
    I speak tard lingo!
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

PeterJasonMN Guest
    I figured the whole part about giving the skater douche's a siren blast when they're in mid-trick and then shitting on their graves would kind of tie in.

I guess I have to dumb down my references

And bring it on Goz. Any time, any where. I'm not afraid to get my ass kicked by a chick.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information