Welcome to the APBWeb.
    gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO

Minneapolis Officer Shot in Ankle During Fight

The officer is my buddy's partner. I just spoke with my friend and they're down at the hospital right now. The officer is doing well and hopefully shouldn't be spending too much time there.

The officer has been on the job for approximately 18 months and recently completed his FTO.

http://wcco.com/crime/officer.shot.m....2.595413.html
    Officer Shot During Fight In Mpls. Parking Lot

MINNEAPOLIS (WCCO) ― A Minneapolis Police officer was shot while trying to break up a fight in a downtown parking lot early Monday morning.

According to police, the fight was at Third Street North and Hennepin Avenue South. Officers responded on foot.

A suspect fired shots during the scuffle and one officer was hit in the ankle. Another person was shot in the back.

One suspect has been taken into custody, according to Minneapolis Police Sgt. Jesse Garcia. Other suspects are still being pursued.

Police noted this shooting as part of a seeming upswing in violence against officers.

"It's been a tough November. We had officer Bedard killed in the line of duty, we had an officer dragged last week. We had a couple of officers assaulted in South Minneapolis on Thanksgiving evening, and now we have an officer shot," said Garcia. "It shows you that these criminals are being quite defiant, stepping it up, and shows you the tough job police officers have."

Both shooting victims were taken to Hennepin County Medical Center and are expected to recover from their injuries.

Anyone with information regarding the shooting is asked to contact authorities at (612) 692-8477.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Best wishes for a quick recovery.

Thread Information