Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Stabbing suspect confesses to murder of mother of 911

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/14718732/detail.html

HINKLEY, Ohio -- An overnight stabbing death of a Medina County woman was immediately followed by a confession from the victim's son.

On Wednesday, the Hinkley Police Department released the 911 call in which the suspect spoke to a 911 operator after his mother's death.

The call was initially made by the victim, 62-year-old Noella Ravas. She went on to plead with her son, 26-year-old Patrick, telling him that everything was OK.

Inside her home, Patrick told his mother that she "was going down." Her screams were heard on the 911 tape. When they stopped, her son got on the phone.

Patrick Ravas: "I just killed my mother cause she deserved it."

Operator: "OK, you said you killed your mom?"

Ravas: "Yes."

Operator: "OK, listen, we're going to help you, OK Patrick?"

Ravas: "All right."

Operator: "I want you to stay on the phone with me. Can you do that for me?"

Ravas: "Yes."

Operator: "OK, do you have a knife right now?"

Ravas: "No."

Operator: "Where is the knife, Patrick?"

Ravas: "It's on the table."

Ravas was calm throughout the remainder of the 911 call.

Operator: "Where's your mom at?"

Ravas: "She's dead on the floor."

It was 9 minutes from the time Noella Ravas made the call until Hinkley police arrived at the scene.

Before they got there, the 911 operators asked one more question.

Operator: "Can you tell me why you hurt your mom?"

Ravas: "Because she deserved it. She lied to me her whole life and the world is a f---ed up place and it needs to change."

Ravas was standing at the front door of his mother's home waiting for the police when they arrived.

He was arrested and was in the Medina County Jail awaiting his arraignment Thursday morning.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

PeterJasonMN Guest
    -Lawyer will say Patrick was under no obligation to speak to dispatch
    -Lawyer will then ask where voice-print analysis and other forensic evidence is
    -Idiot jury will acquit, then give interview going "We wanted to convict, but sonofabitch, there just wasn't enough evidence. They didn't even provide any GC Mass Spec evidence."

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    well at least it stopped before pulled a norman bates move
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    They'll probably get him off because of temporary insanity or some shit.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    -Lawyer will say Patrick was under no obligation to speak to dispatch
    -Lawyer will then ask where voice-print analysis and other forensic evidence is
    -Idiot jury will acquit, then give interview going "We wanted to convict, but sonofabitch, there just wasn't enough evidence. They didn't even provide any GC Mass Spec evidence."

I know you're joking, but that argument will carry just about as much weight as the paper it's written on.

I agree with Ducky, that's a temporary insanity defense on a golden platter.

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

More info...

http://www.newsnet5.com/news/14730904/detail.html

MEDINA COUNTY, Ohio -- A Medina County man accused of stabbing his mother to death had a history of mental health problems.

During a 911 call placed by the victim, Noella Ravas, the woman asked the operator for a CIT officer, an officer specially trained to deal with incidents involving people with mental health issues.

Her son, 26-year-old Patrick, is accused of fatally stabbing her at her Hinckley home.

The Medina County Sheriff's Department has CIT officers, though they didn't respond to the Hinckley incident.

"Our CIT training allows us to have a better understanding of their condition but at the same time, the safety of that individual and everybody surrounding is the priority," said Sgt. Kevin English. "The big issues are bipolar issues, schizophrenic issues, medications that they may be on. How these individuals are feeling, how they may react to law enforcement and society in general."

While Noella Ravas requested a CIT officer , it's not clear whether or not the Hinckley Police Department sent one.

The Hinckley Police Department has officers with the CIT training but the department has not said whether one of those officers responded to the Ravas home.
    And there ladies and gentlemen is your all expense paid trip to the funny farm.

www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    The first sentence in the second post you put up justin basically told you that he will be filing insanity pleas,
    Unreal!
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked, Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

Thread Information