Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

'Who Wants to Marry a U.S. Citizen?' Reality Show

'Who Wants to Marry a U.S. Citizen?'

Reality TV Show that makes getting a green card easier generating mix reaction.

LOS ANGELES, Nov. 28 /PRNewswire/ -- There's a new reality TV show, produced by Morusa Media, called "Who wants to marry a U.S. citizen?" that aims at creating marriages between U.S. citizens and immigrants who have temporary visas. The show is already generating mixed reaction from some who say the show hurts the immigration process. However, others praise the match-making concept.

"We're out to prove love knows no borders," says Adrian Martinez, creator of the show. "Besides, that's what America is all about -- a multi-cultural nation."
    Similar to the "Dating Game," one bachelorette (a U.S. citizen seeking a spouse) asks three bachelors (immigrants with temporary visas) various questions. Towards the end of the show, she decides which one she would marry.

According to the show's host, Angelo Gonzales, the show makes it clear to all contestants that it does not guarantee marriage or legal status, but will pay for a wedding party and honeymoon should a marriage result from the show.
    "We're just out to play matchmaker," says Gonzales. "There are thousands of U.S. citizens seeking a spouse, and just as many immigrants seeking the same. So we want to make it a win-win situation for all involved."

Although, "Who wants to marry a U.S. citizen?" is being distributed independently, segments will be available on the show's website: http://www.HookACitizen.com

PeterJasonMN Guest
    "We're out to prove love knows no borders," says Adrian Martinez, creator of the show. "Besides, that's what America is all about -- a multi-cultural nation.

No it's not you stupid fucking polesmoker. It's about different people coming here and becoming AMERICANS. If you want to retain your whateverthefuckcountryyou'refr om ways/customs, then STAY THERE.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    No it's not you stupid fucking polesmoker. It's about different people coming here and becoming AMERICANS. If you want to retain your whateverthefuckcountryyou'refr om ways/customs, then STAY THERE.

Awww, PJMN didn't take his PC meds today.

Shame shame.

I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    Awww, PJMN didn't take his PC meds today.

Shame shame.

Suck it Trebek. Suck it long, suck it hard.

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post
    nah.

you're MORE than welcome to come here the legal route (which, in some cases, can be fucking ridiculous).

but once you're here legally, you get to do whatever the hell you want, within the law. i might not like it, the general populace might not like it, but thats AMERICA.

America isn't being torn down by the legal citizens who do whatever they choose. it is being torn down by the illegals to take up camp in HUGE numbers and try to take over an area with those numbers.

Michigan is a great example. we now a fair amount of 'ethnic' areas. 50 years ago, we had a LOT of ethnic areas. some of them are GREAT nowadays. we have a town that is overrun by Polish people, their culture, and their cuisine. Hamtramck is an enclave of Detroit, and it does have its bad areas, but it can be a great little city to visit and/or live in. Dearborn has the biggest concentration of Arabs outside the Middle East, and i'm not saying its a great city to go to, but you don't see people blowing themselves up in the street over there. When 9/11 happened, the Arabs in all of the areas surrounding Detroit were damn near hangin their heads in shame, and apologizing for the 'other' people.

I have no problem with people keeping their culture and language, as long as they reasonable expect to keep it within a certain geographical area, OR learn how to speak English. this country was founded by immigrants.........

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    I have no problem with people keeping their culture and language, as long as they reasonable expect to keep it within a certain geographical area, OR learn how to speak English. this country was founded by immigrants.........
    This country was founded by immigrants... WHO CAME HERE TO BE AMERICAN!

While I still enjoy the Scandinavian traditions handed down from my maternal grandparents, and even had the pleasure of learning some Swedish from my grandfather before he died, we were raised knowing that we are American, albeit of mixed heritage. Sadly, what I'm seeing more and more is folks coming to the U.S. to enjoy living here (either legally or illegally) yet still tenaciously hanging on to the country from which they emmigrated. There are many parts of cities where you'd be lucky to find anything in English. There are even a couple of cities in Texas in which all city business (including council meetings) is conducted primarily in Spanish. Those wishing to hear proceedings in English must request the translation. Ludicrious!!

I love experiencing other cultures, that is why I travel.
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by adroitcuffs View Post
    This country was founded by immigrants... WHO CAME HERE TO BE AMERICAN!
    agreed. but for YEARS we had areas that were very segregated. Irish areas, where people really only spoke Irish, etc. etc. Polish areas, Chinese areas, same idea.

i'm not saying it has to be popular, and i'm not saying i agree with it in some ways, but when someone emigrates here legally, they should be entitled to settle in a comfortable area where they can fit in and speak their own language, if they so choose.

THAT said, i'd vote for English as the national language in a second, and wouldn't mind seeing it as somewhat of a requirement...but thats my personal opinions vs. what the basic ideas (as i see them) are that this country was founded on.

the very things that define America are the things that are very uncomfortable to a lot of Americans nowadays. i DON'T like some of the things i see day to day, but i recognize that they are part of living in a free society.

i guess its hard to put into words in a lot of ways....i have some serious opinions on the post i made, but it would take a LONG time to type them out.

Thread Information