Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

No Charges in MySpace Suicide Case

No Charges in MySpace Suicide Case

2 hours ago
    ST. CHARLES, Mo. (AP) No criminal charges will be filed against people who sent cruel Internet messages to a 13-year-old girl before she committed suicide, the St. Charles County prosecutor said Monday.
    The parents of Megan Meier of Dardenne Prairie, who hanged herself last year, said her suicide came minutes after she received mean messages through the social networking site MySpace.
    County Prosecutor Jack Banas said at a news conference there was no applicable statue to file charges in the case. Banas said he looked at laws related to stalking, harassment and child endangerment, but found no repeated incidents of threats to someone's life or health, and no organized conspiracy.
    A police report said that a mother from the neighborhood and her 18-year-old employee fabricated a profile for a teenage boy online who pretended to be interested in Megan before he began bullying her. The police report indicates others gained access to the profile, and it is not clear who was sending Meier messages just before her death.
    Banas said based on additional interviews, the fake MySpace page was not created by the mother of one of Megan's friends. He said the page was created by the 18-year-old employee, though the mother and her 13-year-old daughter knew about the page. He said he was unable to speak directly with the 18-year-old, whom he said has been hospitalized for psychiatric treatment.
    After the case became public, Missouri Gov. Matt Blunt asked lawmakers to review state law to see if changes were necessary to better deal with cases that involve Internet bullying. Some municipalities have also considered or passed statutes to strengthen laws that deal with Internet harassement.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5g...OsJfwD8TA40VG0
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

OXCOPS is offline Usual Suspect
    This blows my mind that they couldn't find something to charge them with. However, there is always the civil suit, which I hope absolutely destroys them. Even if that doesn't pan out, there is always that cozy spot in hell that awaits them.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by OXCOPS View Post
    This blows my mind that they couldn't find something to charge them with. However, there is always the civil suit, which I hope absolutely destroys them. Even if that doesn't pan out, there is always that cozy spot in hell that awaits them.
    + a bazillion

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I can't believe they couldn't find something to charge these people with. Some kind of negligence or something. An adult tormenting a 13 year old child in this way has to at least be some sort of child abuse.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by armsmaster270 View Post
    + a bazillion
    + a bazillion and one
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

PeterJasonMN Guest
    Call me insensitive, but the mom of the girl who killed herself....

Is REALLY fuggin hot!!!!!

And yes I hope they win a shitload of money. And I hope the good citizens of their town keep up the pressure on those shitheads and make them leave town. REAL fast. Thesmokinggun.com has some police reports from incidents that have occured at those fucker's house since this happened.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post

And yes I hope they win a shitload of money. And I hope the good citizens of their town keep up the pressure on those shitheads and make them leave town. REAL fast. Thesmokinggun.com has some police reports from incidents that have occured at those fucker's house since this happened.

"Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterJasonMN View Post

MILF!

Opps, that was probably insenstive...
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

Thread Information