Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Debra Lafave Arrested on Probation Violation for Talking to Teen Girl

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,315052,00.html

Debra Lafave, the Florida teacher who pleaded guilty to lewd behavior with a teenage boy, has been arrested for allegedly violating her probation on charges she spoke to an underage female co-worker.
    Lafave, 27, allegedly had contact with the minor a 16-year-old co-worker at Danny Boys' restaurant in Ruskin, Fla., in violation of her probation, FOX News has learned.
    Lafave pleaded guilty in 2005 to lewd and lascivious behavior as part of a plea deal after Florida authorities charged her with having sex with a 14-year-old student.

According to a police report, Lafave spoke with her teenage co-worker numerous times about family problems, friends, high school, boyfriends and sex.
    As part of her probation, Lafave is to abstain from contact with minors under 18 years of age.
    John Fitzgibbons, Lafave's lawyer, was expected to give a news conference Tuesday afternoon with details on the arrest, MyFOXTampaBay.com reports.

Lafave was booked Tuesday at the Hillsborough County Sheriff's Department and released, the St. Petersburg Times reported.

The former teacher and her co-worker had allegedly known each other since Oct. 2006, according to the police report.
    The Florida Department of Corrections ordered her arrest.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Illiy is offline Corporal
    I was just reading that....

She just gives me the heebee jeebies... something about the look in her eyes... ugh..

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    me too CB, but we're a little too old for her.

Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    I am all against kids getting exploited and stuff, but was it a big deal 15-20 years ago when the high school student got to give the hot teacher a ride on the ol' bone rollercoaster? I've been out of high school for a decade now, and I can still recall at least 5 teachers that I wanted to put a hurtin' on. And if I got so lucky, the only people I'd be telling are the other guys in the locker room. And to the type writer when I'm writing my letter to Penthouse Forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    I am all against kids getting exploited and stuff, but was it a big deal 15-20 years ago when the high school student got to give the hot teacher a ride on the ol' bone rollercoaster?
    its a double standard, and perhaps a correct one.

when i was 14 or 15, i could name a couple teachers i would have LOVED to do. i could have even expounded on how badly i wanted to do them, and what i wanted to do to them.

if i had a 15 year old son and found out he was pounding down a teacher, i dunno how i'd react. i can't say i'd blame him.

however, if i had a 14 or 15 year old daughter, and found out a teacher was trying to nail her, GOD HELP HIM.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    Its a violation of probation not news

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    It's almost as if the system set her up to fail, which....I really don't agree with. Granted, she is a criminal, but it's not like she's a hardened criminal mastermind.

Her probation says she is to have no unsupervised contact with any minors.

Her probation agent, I'm making an educated guess, knows where she works and what she does (or she has to provide that info to the agency)

When her PO see's that she works at a restaurant that could have juveniles as employees or patrons, they should have said "nope, nu uh, you can't work there", but instead they allowed it.

I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot of people against me on this one.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    It's almost as if the system set her up to fail, which....I really don't agree with. Granted, she is a criminal, but it's not like she's a hardened criminal mastermind.

Her probation agent, I'm making an educated guess, knows where she works and what she does (or she has to provide that info to the agency)

When her PO see's that she works at a restaurant that could have juveniles as employees or patrons, they should have said "nope, nu uh, you can't work there", but instead they allowed it.

She needs to take some personal responsibility in this as well. I mean, she knew the environment she was in could potentially violate her probation. She should have covered her butt and confronted her P&P Officer with it and asked what she should do. I know I would, if I were in her shoes, to avoid further legal trouble. Other than that, I don't feel bad for her, but unless there is more to this, it does appear to be a bit retarded, and the Judge, the P&P Officer, someone should have said, umm, your job is a no-no.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Probation for a sexual offense involving a juvenile is a complete joke. She should be Gretta Goon's orange-clad girlfriend right now.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    I don't know about you guys, but if I was 16 and a hot teacher was banging me, I would not tell anyone.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans View Post
    I don't know about you guys, but if I was 16 and a hot teacher was banging me, I would not tell anyone.

I would tell everyone. I'd even give them a peak at the secret video's I made.
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bufford408 View Post
    I would tell everyone. I'd even give them a peak at the secret video's I made.
    But then she would get locked up and your "good thing" would go bye bye.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

TXPO710 is offline Dumb ole' Cowboy
    Verified LEO
    All I gotta say is, Why, oh why wasn't she MY teacher!!!!!

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    None of mine banged me. Damn it!

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    She needs to take some personal responsibility in this as well. I mean, she knew the environment she was in could potentially violate her probation. She should have covered her butt and confronted her P&P Officer with it and asked what she should do. I know I would, if I were in her shoes, to avoid further legal trouble. Other than that, I don't feel bad for her, but unless there is more to this, it does appear to be a bit retarded, and the Judge, the P&P Officer, someone should have said, umm, your job is a no-no.

Ok, I probably made it sound like she was a victim in this. She's not. But like you said, if she wasn't going to correct herself, her P.O should have, or the judge should have. It never should have gotten as far as it did.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

1*girl Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ender View Post
    its a double standard, and perhaps a correct one.
    I kind of have mixed emotions about this woman. She was what, 23(?) and he was 14 when this happened? That's a 9 year age difference, so that's not too far off from me dating a 35 year old when I was 21. However, at 14, he's still a child. Maybe a 14/15 yo male is just beginning (or practicing rather in this day and time) to experience/express his sexuality. That doesn't make it right for a grown professional of any gender to do what she did. And apparently in Florida, 14 is NOT the legal age of consent. Not to mention I don't see how any woman of any age is attracted to a child. Now before I climb too high aboard my soapbox for a previous incident and not the one posted, my question to you, Ender is this:

When it comes to the exploitation/abuse/what have you of a child or young teen, how is this particular double standard ever correct?

213th is offline Solipsist
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post

My impression from the article was not that the issue was that she spoke to someone under the age of 18 but the fact that it was ongoing and personal namely, she is a pedophile who willingly engaged an underage person in a discussion about SEX.

According to a police report, Lafave spoke with her teenage co-worker numerous times about family problems, friends, high school, boyfriends and sex.
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by 1*girl View Post
    However, at 14, he's still a child. Maybe a 14/15 yo male is just beginning (or practicing rather in this day and time) to experience/express his sexuality.

When it comes to the exploitation/abuse/what have you of a child or young teen, how is this particular double standard ever correct?
    okay...i'm gonna say this from a guy's point of view.

when i was 14, i was WELL aware of my sexuality, and knew exactly how i wanted to express it. hell, when i was 11, i could make the same statement and i wouldn't have called it abuse, i would have called it LUCKY AS HELL.

i'm not saying its correct, but i'm saying it (can) be reality. like i said in my first post, if i had a daughter i'd kill the sonofabitch who tried something with her at 14 years old. but me at 14 years old? i'd be happy to nail a hot teacher...and i'd be smart enough to keep my mouth shut about it until it was no longer an issue.

1*girl Guest
    Okay, so let's pretend I'm 14 again and I'm your daughter. I was well aware of my sexuality, too. I also knew how I wanted to express it. Shit, I knew that in elementary school.

I had a crush on my algebra teacher who was in his 20's at the time. If he had even thought of anything, I would have (at the time) been all for it. But would you still "kill the sonofabitch"?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information