Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO

Greatest Article of All Time

Taylor's death a grim reminder for us all
    Jason Whitlock

EDITOR'S NOTE: This column originally appeared Wednesday, two days before Friday's arrests of four men in the shooting death of Sean Taylor.

There's a reason I call them the Black KKK. The pain, the fear and the destruction are all the same.Someone who loved Sean Taylor is crying right now. The life they knew has been destroyed, an 18-month-old baby lost her father, and, if you're a black man living in America, you've been reminded once again that your life is in constant jeopardy of violent death.
    The Black KKK claimed another victim, a high-profile professional football player with a checkered past this time.
    No, we don't know for certain the circumstances surrounding Taylor's death. I could very well be proven wrong for engaging in this sort of aggressive speculation. But it's no different than if you saw a fat man fall to the ground clutching his chest. You'd assume a heart attack, and you'd know, no matter the cause, the man needed to lose weight.
    Well, when shots are fired and a black man hits the pavement, there's every statistical reason to believe another black man pulled the trigger. That's not some negative, unfair stereotype. It's a reality we've been living with, tolerating and rationalizing for far too long.
    When the traditional, white KKK lynched, terrorized and intimidated black folks at a slower rate than its modern-day dark-skinned replacement, at least we had the good sense to be outraged and in no mood to contemplate rationalizations or be fooled by distractions.
    Our new millennium strategy is to pray the Black KKK goes away or ignores us. How's that working?
    About as well as the attempt to shift attention away from this uniquely African-American crisis by focusing on an "injustice" the white media allegedly perpetrated against Sean Taylor.
    Within hours of his death, there was a story circulating that members of the black press were complaining that news outlets were disrespecting Taylor's victimhood by reporting on his troubled past
    No disrespect to Taylor, but he controlled the way he would be remembered by the way he lived. His immature, undisciplined behavior with his employer, his run-ins with law enforcement, which included allegedly threatening a man with a loaded gun, and the fact a vehicle he owned was once sprayed with bullets are all pertinent details when you've been murdered.
    Marcellus Wiley, a former NFL player, made the radio circuit Wednesday, singing the tune that athletes are targets. That was his explanation for the murders of Taylor and Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams and the armed robberies of NBA players Antoine Walker and Eddy Curry.
    Really?
    Let's cut through the bull(manure) and deal with reality. Black men are targets of black men. Period. Go check the coroner's office and talk with a police detective. These bullets aren't checking W-2s.
    Rather than whine about white folks' insensitivity or reserve a special place of sorrow for rich athletes, we'd be better served mustering the kind of outrage and courage it took in the 1950s and 1960s to stop the white KKK from hanging black men from trees.
    But we don't want to deal with ourselves. We take great joy in prescribing medicine to cure the hate in other people's hearts. Meanwhile, our self-hatred, on full display for the world to see, remains untreated, undiagnosed and unrepentant.
    Our self-hatred has been set to music and reinforced by a pervasive culture that promotes a crab-in-barrel mentality.
    You're damn straight I blame hip hop for playing a role in the genocide of American black men. When your leading causes of death and dysfunction are murder, ignorance and incarceration, there's no reason to give a free pass to a culture that celebrates murder, ignorance and incarceration.

Of course there are other catalysts, but until we recapture the minds of black youth, convince them that it's not OK to "super man dat ho" and end any and every dispute by "cocking on your bitch," nothing will change.
    Does a Soulja Boy want an education?
    HBO did a fascinating documentary on Little Rock Central High School, the Arkansas school that required the National Guard so that nine black kids could attend in the 1950s. Fifty years later, the school is one of the nation's best in terms of funding and educational opportunities. It's 60 percent black and located in a poor black community.
    Watch the documentary and ask yourself why nine poor kids in the '50s risked their lives to get a good education and a thousand poor black kids today ignore the opportunity that is served to them on a platter.
    Blame drugs, blame Ronald Reagan, blame George Bush, blame it on the rain or whatever. There's only one group of people who can change the rotten, anti-education, pro-violence culture our kids have adopted. We have to do it.
    According to reports, Sean Taylor had difficulty breaking free from the unsavory characters he associated with during his youth.
    The "keepin' it real" mantra of hip hop is in direct defiance to evolution. There's always someone ready to tell you you're selling out if you move away from the immature and dangerous activities you used to do, you're selling out if you speak proper English, embrace education, dress like a grown man, do anything mainstream.
    The Black KKK is enforcing the same crippling standards as its parent organization. It wants to keep black men in their place uneducated, outside the mainstream and six feet deep.
    In all likelihood, the Black Klan and its mentality buried Sean Taylor, and any black man or boy reading this could be next.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good read.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Good read.

+1!
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

hush29 is offline Corporal
    Very good article.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Good read.
    +1

Some very good points...I would love to see a "rebuttal" to this...

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiy View Post
    +1

Some very good points...I would love to see a "rebuttal" to this...
    I'm sure Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will put their half-wit minds together and come up with one.

Awesome article!
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

Illiy is offline Corporal
    Quote Originally Posted by gopherpuckfan View Post
    I'm sure Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson will put their half-wit minds together and come up with one.

Awesome article!
    Its going to be hard to debate... the author made some good points.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiy View Post
    Its going to be hard to debate... the author made some good points.
    Since when has that stopped them?

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    lol I see them putting their half-wit minds together and coming up with a half-assed response...

great read
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

snuffy2202 is offline JUST ANOTHER TEQUILA SUNRISE
    Verified LEO
    Great post!

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Another positive editorial with truthful statements.

It is a true pity that the young people who need to learn the lesson choose not to read these type of editorials. Bill Cosby has been preaching the same thing of late and is being castigated and condemned for his quest to educate and redeem the young black youth in today's society. Pity!!!
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

mfranklin01 is offline its not vendication...its punishment
    outstanding...but the "race pimps" won't touch this one
    "Be Polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet"

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by mfranklin01 View Post
    outstanding...but the "race pimps" won't touch this one
    That's what I was thinking, they'll try their best to ignore it and act like it was never written. If called on it, they'll say this guy is a tool of the white man.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Mac120 is offline Semper Fi
    Outstanding article!

hush29 is offline Corporal
    They'll pry call him an 'Uncle Tom' now
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Thread Information