Welcome to the APBWeb.
    BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO

FBI investigates Minnesota Sheriff Dept.

LITCHFIELD — An investigation with an unknown target is under way within Meeker County by the Federal Bureau of Investigation.According to multiple sources, there were eight to 10 FBI agents Wednesday at the Meeker County Courthouse and Law Enforcement Center interviewing a number of individuals.
    No information is available about the target of the federal investigation in Meeker County, but two local officials confirm an investigation is taking place.

Litchfield Police Chief Patrick Fank said Monday that some of his officers were interviewed Wednesday by FBI agents. The Litchfield Police Department also is located in the Meeker County Law Enforcement Center.Fank indicated the Litchfield Police Department is not the focus of the FBI probe. “Nothing leads me to believe that my department” is being investigated, Fank said.
    He said his agency “has been cooperating” with the FBI in its investigation and that an unspecified number of police officers had been interviewed by the federal agency.
    Fank, who was not interviewed by FBI agents, said, “We technically don’t know what the investigation is about.”
    Fank said even if he did know what the investigation entailed, he would not be at liberty to comment.
    Meeker County Sheriff Mike Hirman did not return the Tribune’s multiple phone calls requesting information about an FBI inquiry taking place within the county.
    Other Meeker County officials have been tight-lipped about questions regarding a FBI investigation.
    During brief interviews on Friday and Monday, Meeker County Administrator Paul Virnig referred all questions to County Attorney Stephanie Beckman.
    On Monday, Beckman said she was prohibited by law from discussing the case because there is “an active investigation” under way in the county.
    Beckman stated that she did not intend to be evasive, but said she was “instructed” by the FBI “not to discuss this issue” and could not respond to specific questions regarding the focus of the investigation.
    On Friday, Beckman had provided a brief e-mail stating that all questions “related to a federal investigation within the county … should be directed to the investigating agency, the FBI.”
    The FBI, however, would not provide information about an investigation in Meeker County.
    Paul McCabe, the communication director for the Minneapolis division of the FBI, said the agency does not “confirm or deny” any investigation until it’s a matter of public record with the courts.
    The FBI office in St. Cloud also refused to provide information.
    Beckman said if — or when — there comes a time the case can be discussed, she will be “more than willing” to provide details.

gopherpuckfan is offline I'm from the government and I'm here to help
    Verified LEO
    One of our higher-ups used to be a Meeker deputy (quite a few years ago). I should ask him if he knows what's going on.
    The views expressed in the above post are the sole opinion of the author and do not reflect any official position by the author's employer and/or municipality.

BEK
    BEK is offline Lieutenant
    Verified LEO
    I know whats going on and I am glad i am no where near there. Story updated

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Been through two of those with my troops. We were as clean as a whistle but it wasn't fun anyway. And even though we knew we were clean, it makes you nervous cause you never know what the feds are likely to do.

Their "bad cops" guys would rather roast a cop than have sex....and that is no B.S. Perhaps I should outline my little situation one day....and I never got an apology or a "were all through" either.

Bastards.....I feel for the guys if they are clean and probably even if they aren't.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

PeterJasonMN Guest
    I figured if anything it woulda been Ramsey Co. after their last sheriff and his little buttbuddy.

gwebb1981 is offline Officer First Class
    Haha, I lived 5 miles from Meeker County. I might know what this is about. Good thing I didn't write about something I was going to in an earlier post. Now I think I'm just going to keep my mouth shut about it all together, haha.

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Cannot CONFIRM NOR DENY. If a Fed was out in a rain storm and you asked him if he was wet you get FEDSPEAK, " Neither Confirm nor Deny."

If they come snooping around, you know something is up; they dont have to confirm or deny - You KNOW!

jim dandy is offline Jim Dandy, Black Oak Arkansas
    gopherpuckfan, he knows, and he is laughing every day. His old boss is a jerk, finally getting what he has comming.

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Hell, none of you are under a gag order by the federales so spill the news!

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Well the COP is talking and the Sherriff aint talking I wonder who their after.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Thread Information