Welcome to the APBWeb.
    213th is offline Solipsist

WBC whiney bastards at it again

TOPEKA, Kan. -- A federal appeals court Dec. 6 temporarily blocked Kansas laws restricting pickets at funerals as their constitutionality is reviewed.

The U.S. Court of Appeals for the 8th Circuit ruled in favor of Shirley Phelps-Roper, who sought to temporarily block enforcement of statutes restricting where members of Topeka, Kan.-based Westboro Baptist Church can picket at funerals is reviewed, the Topeka Capital-Journal reported.
    Westboro Baptist Church members believe God punishes the United States for tolerating homosexuality by killing Americans, including soldiers serving in Iraq and Afghanistan. Members of the church have picketed funerals of soldiers killed in in the two theaters, sometimes prompting confrontations.
    Phelps-Roper said Thursday the challenged statutes weren't clear in defining how far from funerals church members can picket, using words like "in front of" and "about." Because of vague language, she said law enforcement officers and other officials could interpret how the statutes should be enforced.
    On Aug. 5, Phelps-Roper and other church members protested near a soldier's funeral in St. Joseph, Mo. Responding to the protest, the state enacted statutes that criminalized picketing "in front or about" a funeral location or procession, and within 300 feet of a funeral location or procession.

and the problem with that is?
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Sounds like the Patriot Riders will be a little busier than usual.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cajunguy View Post
    Sounds like the Patriot Riders will be a little busier than usual.

Could be. With the blessing of the Almighty, we won't have that many more KIA funerals to attend. I just bought two brand new American flags just in case.

Either way, we stand ready. Not for us, but for the departed and their families.

WBC is a perversion all its own, but they have served to remind us of just how precious a sacrifice human life is when "laid on the altar of freedom." There is nothing like such evil to bring out the best in those who truly love one another as taught by our Savior. I pity those who have been so decieved into believing that Christianity is a religion of venomous hatred.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Thread Information