Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Chicago PD's new Superintendent might have to go back to the academy to become sworn

Chicago's new $310,000-a-year police superintendent might have to take a test or go back to school if he wants to wear the uniform of the men and women in blue, as an influential alderman says he should.
    Jody Weis is a career FBI agent trained at Quantico and authorized to carry a gun. But he is not a Chicago cop and does not have police powers. If he's confirmed by the City Council, Weis will be only the second civilian superintendent in Chicago history.
    "During the transition period, there are a number of internal processes that are being reviewed. Some relate to the unique circumstances of having a police superintendent with federal credentials and how federal status would apply to Illinois law enforcement standards," said police spokeswoman Monique Bond.
    LIKE BASEBALL MANAGER IN SUIT
    Asked whether Weis was prepared to take a test or go to the Police Academy if that's what it takes to wear the uniform of the people he leads, Bond said, "That will be a decision he will make, and he'll certainly seek input from the appropriate individuals."
    Ald. Isaac Carothers (29th), chairman of the City Council's Police Committee, said he'd advise Weis to do whatever it takes to gain police powers under Illinois law. To do otherwise, Carothers said, would be like a baseball manager sitting in the dugout with a suit on while his players hit the field in uniform.

nypd12962 is offline Sergeant at Arms
    Police Commissioner for the City of New York is not a uniform title so maybe Chicago should think about doing the same. having a Chief of Department would be helpful for the new sup of police. Good luck, a lot of changes will be happening in Chicago.
    It's a cop thing, you wouldn't understand.

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I doesn't matter who the superintendent is we've been working without an FOP contract for six months. You're right about one thing there will be alot of changes coming. In a way it's good to have an outsider coming in because he knows no one and owes no one.
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO

Thumbs down

First off, OW Wilson never did any such thing and he was a civilian superintendent. That is the black caucus and the black community and the asshole reverends pulling their typical bullshit. Thirdly the only reason we got some fed to run our department was for our crooked assed Mayor to fend off a Federal Oversight Committee taking over our department. There are going to be changes, hopefully one of them is we actually get a raise out of our contract that is over the cost of living costs.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

CO_Cop is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    $310,000 ..
    "Regulators, we regulate any stealin' of his property and we're damn good too. But you can't be any geek off the street. You gotta be handy with the steel if you know what I mean, earn your keep, Regulators! Mount up!"

bufford408 is offline Just green and furry all over
    Quote Originally Posted by CO_Cop View Post
    $310,000 ..

No shit! I would be interested in that job.
    The opinions of my posts are the sole responsibilty of my employer due to the fact that they have totally and completely warped my mind.

Beans is offline Street Cop
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bufford408 View Post
    No shit! I would be interested in that job.
    Hell yeah, no one called me about it.
    The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Beans" on LEF.

Pedro56 is offline Englewood Ranger/Infidel Extraordinaire
    Verified LEO
    He is making 310K for running 2 jobs. He is the superintendent and the chief emergency officer....will oversee police, fire, and health services during a major disaster.
    http://www.lawenforcementforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic763_2.gif

"I am the guy that keeps Mister Dead in his pocket." -'Mad' Max Rockatansky

"An Englewood Ranger is no stranger to Danger.." -Unk

Good Night Chesty Where Ever You Are.

A Good Friend will bail you out of jail, but a true friend will be sitting next to you in the cell saying, "That was Awesome."

God Made Police Men so Fireman Would Have Heroes.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    There is a big shake up in Mecklenburg Co. (Charlotte, NC), too. The newly elected sheriff is having to put up a security bond of $25,000 and the bank won't give him a loan because of a prior bankruptcy. Looking kind of ugly.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Personally, I feel that a chief or sheriff should have a career behind them as a cop, and not be a civilian.

Thread Information