Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Cougar nearly joins SD woman in hot tub

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071209/...SEKzJ5EsCek3QF Sat Dec 8, 9:48 PM ET

DEADWOOD, S.D. - A relaxing soak in a hot tub came to an abrupt end when Marlene Todd came eye to eye with a mountain lion in her backyard.
    "I was kind of hidden, sitting with my back up against the side of the tub, and I heard a little rustling sound in the needles right beside me," she said.
    Todd said she thought it might have been her house cat until she saw "this big, tan, hairy body" just 4 inches away.
    "I didn't realize what it was until it took a leap and jumped up on the side of my hot tub," Todd said.
    The cougar was cornered somewhat because the deck stairs blocked its retreat. It would have to go up and over the hot tub.
    "It just took a leap. It jumped on the side of the hot tub," Todd said of the Thursday morning encounter. "We locked eyes, and it kicked off of the hot tub and ran away. When it jumped, it flipped my robe into the hot tub."
    She summoned Deadwood police, who surmised the big cat was stalking some deer in the neighborhood and may have been attracted to the warmth of the hot tub on the frosty morning.
    "Now I know what a goldfish feels like when the cat is staring in its bowl," Todd said.

What in hell did she expect the cops to do? Put it on trespass notice??
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Thats definitly an AWWWW Shit. I hope she cleaned her hot tub filter.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

hush29 is offline Corporal
    What in hell did she expect the cops to do? Put it on trespass notice??
    LOL, actually, here in SD, we are supposed to take all mountain lion calls. Then we call GFP. The reason we get called to them is because if we feel they are a threat, we shoot 'em.
    It's better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by hush29 View Post
    LOL, actually, here in SD, we are supposed to take all mountain lion calls. Then we call GFP. The reason we get called to them is because if we feel they are a threat, we shoot 'em.
    obviously this one wasn't a threat. possible scenarios:

1) just to warm up a bit in the tub, maybe take a quick bath while at it. poor guy was scared shitless when he saw a human in there.

2) or it was a man in a cougar suit who just wanted to see a naked chick and not get in trouble for it.

3) maybe he was a prankster. anybody who owns cats know they are pull some crazy stunts. this guy ran off, and started joking with all of his cougar buddies about throwing the ladies robe in the tub with her. made plans to 'get' her again.

Thread Information