Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lynnz05 is offline Corporal

Son Arrested in Police Officer Killing

Son Arrested In Police Officer Killing

http://www.koat.com/news/14847005/detail.html

LAS CRUCES, N.M. -- Las Cruces police have arrested 25-year-old Justin Quintana and have charged him with an open count of murder in the shooting death of Susan Kuchma, Quintana's mother and a five-year veteran of the New Mexico State Police.Police responded to the intersection of Dr. King Way and Taylor Drive at around 2:30 Thursday morning after learning of the shooting. When police arrived they found the victim laying in the street and Quintana nearby. She had been shot once and died at the scene. Quintana was taken into custody and detained for questioning. A handgun was found at the scene and secured by police.
    The area where the shooting occurred is near a middle school. Students walked around yellow crime scene tape in the cordoned-off area Thursday morning.State police spokesman Lieutenant Rick Anglada said the 43-year-old officer was married to another state police officer, patrolman Patrick Kuchma.The Kuchmas are stationed in the state police's District 4, headquartered in Las Cruces.Gov. Bill Richardson expressed his sympathies to Kuchma's family."The brave men and women who serve and protect the citizens of New Mexico put their lives on the line each and everyday," said Richardson. "It is a sincere tragedy when one of our officers is killed. On behalf of the people of New Mexico, Barbara and I wish to extend our heartfelt condolences to Officer Susan Kuchma's family and to her husband, fellow State Police Officer, Patrick Kuchma."Quintana is currently being held in the Dona Ana Detention Center. Bond has not yet been set.Las Cruces Police are continuing to investigate the case.
    What I say is my opinion, not my employers or that of my academic institution.

gozling is offline the gene pool could use a little chlorine
    http://www.allpoetry.com/Grunts%20Girl

We dallied under
    Vine maples and sapling alders
    Searched for lady slippers
    But instead
    Found blackberry riots and
    Desiccated branches

An old skid road
    Brought ghost ferns and
    Hollows filled with
    Skunk cabbage
    While waves wrapped
    Intricate lacings of weeds
    'Round mule spinners

His cyanotic eyes
    Were hard enough to make
    The sun turn tail and
    Tender enough to attract me
    To his world of illusion

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Sad, oh so sad! What in the world would pressure a young person to kill his mother? RIP Officer Susan Kuchma. Another soldier for St Michael's army to watch over the brethren

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

Illiy is offline Corporal
    So sad...

Thread Information