Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO

What does a nutt look like?

Murder Defendant's Alleged Note to Kids: 'I Took Mom's Life ... Sorry'

A man accused of killing and dismembering his wife closed his eyes as a sheriff's department official read aloud in court a note allegedly written to the defendant's two children while he was on the run. "I know you don't understand what happened to mom," Macomb County sheriff's Sgt. Jeffrey Budzynowski recited during testimony Friday at Stephen Grant's murder trial.
    Budzynowski continued: "Things kept getting worse and worse, and things got physical. I hit mom and she ended up hurt very badly.
    "I was afraid of losing you two, so I ended up taking mom's life in a panic. I'm sorry."
    Budzynowski testified that he made the 3 1/2-hour drive to Emmet County in northern Michigan the night of March 2, hours after police found the torso of Grant's wife, Tara, in the garage of the Grants' home in Washington Township.
    Budzynowski testified that he went to Wilderness State Park after Emmet County sheriff's deputies informed him they found the truck Grant drove when he fled from the Detroit area.
    "I took a letter from the truck," Budzynowski testified before a prosecutor asked him to read the letter.
    Authorities say Grant, 37, killed his 34-year-old wife Feb. 9 at their home, about 25 miles north of Detroit. Body parts were found in their garage and a nearby park.
    Stephen Grant already has pleaded guilty to a mutilation charge, which carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison. Prosecutors are seeking a first-degree murder conviction, which carries a mandatory sentence of life without possibility of parole.
    Defense attorney Gail Pamukov doesn't dispute that Grant killed his wife, but said his actions showed panic instead of planning.
    Stephen Grant reported his wife missing Feb. 14. For weeks, he told investigators and the media he had nothing to do with her disappearance.
    He fled March 2 as police searched the couple's home and was captured two days later in the snowbound state park in the far northern Lower Peninsula.

link
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Calling this guy a "nutt" is much too kind. I can think of many words that I would have used instead, but alas this is not my thread. Carry on.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

adroitcuffs is offline Visualize whirled peas!!
    Verified LEO
    Defense attorney Gail Pamukov doesn't dispute that Grant killed his wife, but said his actions showed panic instead of planning.
    Oh yeah, 'cause that makes her being dead so much different in a better sort of way!? WTF??? I can't even put it into decent words what I think should be done with this guy....
    The true measure of your character is what you choose to do when you think no one is looking.

http://officerbob.memory-of.com/

Hannah87 is offline Giggidy... Giggidy..
    Verified LEO
    PSYCHO
    FREAK
    CREEP
    LOSER
    AHHHHH.
    CRAZY LUNATIC!
    May you rest in peace Daddy and may you never hurt again. I love you and miss you and can't wait to see you again.

12/12/44- 2/26/09

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Prime candidate for retro-active abortion.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Sometimes you feel like a......

And sometimes ya don't!

That dudes crazy though...seriously.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeBadOne View Post

That's not a nut, that's an asshole. Nuts have shells.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

jcsdscott is offline The short minister
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeBadOne View Post

"I was afraid of losing you two, so I ended up taking mom's life in a panic. I'm sorry."

Yeah, okay but it looks like he lost them anyway so what are the kids supposed to do now?

Also maybe it is a technical point but since she is dead I really doubt it matters whether this lawyer says he panicked or not.
    Romans 8:28-31

"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Sheriff, County Board, or any member of my department.

conalabu is offline Grasshopper
    Verified LEO
    POS.
    And Shepards we shall be,
    for thee, My Lord, for thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand,
    That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy Command.
    So we shall flow a river forth to Thee
    And teeming with souls will it ever be.
    In Nomine Patris, Et Filli, Et Spiritus Sancti.

Thread Information