Welcome to the APBWeb.
    OffDuty is offline The Shotgun is Family.
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Can you beat .602 BAC?

Drunk driver had unusually high BAC Posted: 5:55 PM Dec 18, 2007
    Last Updated: 7:05 PM Dec 18, 2007
    Reporter: Sarah Platt
    Email Address: sarah.platt@wndu.com
    0 comments
    It's a case that has some police shocked. A LaPorte man died last weekend after drinking and driving. The man's blood alcohol level was higher than most officials have ever seen, .602.
    28-year old Michael Garner's pick-up truck collided with an Amtrak train on County Road 500 in Pinola. That's just west of LaPorte. Over the phone, Garner's father tells Newscenter 16 that his son was apparently drinking at home that night. The family learned of their son's death the morning after it happened. They declined to say much more about the incident.
    John Sullivan, LaPorte County Chief Deputy Coroner, says he ran Garner's blood alcohol level a couple of times because he couldn't believe the numbers. Police say Garner drove at least seven miles, through snowy weather, before crashing into the Amtrak passenger train. Officials say the train tried to stop, but couldn't with such little notice. Fortunately, no one on that train was injured in this accident.
    Sullivan says he's surprised Garner didn't succumb to acute alcohol poisoning before getting behind the wheel. He says this should be a lesson to everyone about the extreme dangers of mixing alcohol and the road. “It's the highest one I've ever recorded. At the hospital lab, they also said they couldn't recall one that high. Anywhere from .3 on up on the blood alcohol percentage, it changes your ability to react, your reasoning and just your general ability to function,” says Sullivan.
    “I’ve seen them high, but never in the 6's, several in the 5's, but over 40 years-- this is the highest one I recall hearing or seeing,” says LaPorte County Sheriff Mike Mollenhauer.
    Garner does have a history with drinking and driving. He was charged with an OWI in 1999. In 2001, he was also charged twice for OWI. During one of those stops, he was also charged with driving on a suspended license.
    There are only two kinds of real justice left: street and poetic...

Canada, huh? Almost made it...

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    DAYUM!!!!
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    GEEEEEEEEEEEZ! .602.....sucker should be dead. He better nuy a lottery ticket cause he just beat the odds.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    GEEEEEEEEEEEZ! .602.....sucker should be dead. He better nuy a lottery ticket cause he just beat the odds.

Car 4
    Uh you didn't read the whole thing.. he got greased by an Amtrak trying to drive around the gates. Turns out all that booze hampers your judgment. Save the $1.00 quickpick.

*DISCLAIMER*The opinions expressed here are my own delusions. My employer administraton would at best shake their heads and sigh; or at worst severely repudiate the content of these posts, should it ever manage to appear on their radar.

krauty is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    wow

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Yep. .90

http://www.realage.com/news_features....aspx?id=12815

Drunk Latvian had twice lethal alcohol level
    Dec 20, 2005 1:00 PM RIGA (Reuters) - A drunk Latvian had a blood-alcohol content more than 17 times the legal driving limit in the Baltic state when he was run over and killed, police said on Tuesday.
    The 50-year-old unnamed pedestrian, who also had more than twice the alcohol level considered lethal for most humans, was lying drunk on the road near his home in a remote part of eastern Latvia in the early hours.
    Police said the man had probably been drinking home-made alcohol for several days because of the impossibility of reaching his blood-alcohol level of 0.9 percent in just a day.
    They said the man was alive when he was run over by a car, creating a probable although unenviable record for alcohol consumption in hard-drinking Latvia.
    "The cause of death has been marked down as a road accident, although the alcohol level would most likely have killed him anyway," said state police spokeswoman Kristine Mezaraupe.
    Latvia, an ex-Soviet state that is still one of the poorest in the European Union, has a problem with heavy drinking, especially among men who have an average life expectancy of 66 years compared with 77 years for women. (Additional reporting, David Mardiste in Tallinn)
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

WVCJ is offline Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    http://www.realage.com/news_features....aspx?id=12815

Drunk Latvian had twice lethal alcohol level
    Dec 20, 2005 1:00 PM RIGA (Reuters) - A drunk Latvian had a blood-alcohol content more than 17 times the legal driving limit in the Baltic state when he was run over and killed, police said on Tuesday.
    The 50-year-old unnamed pedestrian, who also had more than twice the alcohol level considered lethal for most humans, was lying drunk on the road near his home in a remote part of eastern Latvia in the early hours.
    Police said the man had probably been drinking home-made alcohol for several days because of the impossibility of reaching his blood-alcohol level of 0.9 percent in just a day.
    They said the man was alive when he was run over by a car, creating a probable although unenviable record for alcohol consumption in hard-drinking Latvia.
    "The cause of death has been marked down as a road accident, although the alcohol level would most likely have killed him anyway," said state police spokeswoman Kristine Mezaraupe.
    Latvia, an ex-Soviet state that is still one of the poorest in the European Union, has a problem with heavy drinking, especially among men who have an average life expectancy of 66 years compared with 77 years for women. (Additional reporting, David Mardiste in Tallinn)
    And the winner is.........

Latvian dude.

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by OffDuty View Post
    Can you beat .602 BAC?
    Two questions:

-how much time do I have>?
    -are you buying?

"When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

krauty is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeBadOne View Post
    Two questions:

-how much time do I have>?
    -are you buying?

Would that be considered Aiding Suicide??

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I'll buy if youre consuming enema style, which as I saw on SpikeTV "manswers" IS the fastest method of ingestion to get drunk!

party on Wayne!

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    20+ years and not even close

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

phoenix Guest
    I'll buy if youre consuming enema style, which as I saw on SpikeTV "manswers" IS the fastest method of ingestion to get drunk!

party on Wayne!

k-9max is offline K9 Officer
    Verified LEO
    Unreal!
    YEAH, IM THE BERRIES, AND CHERRIES IN YOUR REAR VIEW MIRROR.

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
    Eat it, Play with it, or piss on it, and walk away!

As smart as man is, we haven't been able to invent a machine that can smell drugs or tell us where a person has walked,” Dogs are sophisticated investigative tools!

213th is online now Solipsist

party on Wayne!
    when my brother was a rookie he went on a death by auto erotic aphyxsiation call where the deceased had done that with red wine prior to hanging himself
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 213th View Post
    when my brother was a rookie he went on a death by auto erotic aphyxsiation call where the deceased had done that with red wine prior to hanging himself
    Nice!!

oldtrooper is offline Rookie
    The highest I ever saw was a .41. He was able to communicate and walk but was not doing a real spiffy job of driving. We retested him ever 15 minutes until we were certain his BAC was not increasing.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

Thread Information