Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO

Troopers fired upon

Woman dies after standoff

YUKON -- A hail of gunfire ended a more than five-hour standoff with troopers at a local apartment complex late Monday, leaving a woman dead. The woman, who was not identified early Tuesday, was killed during a brief shootout with Oklahoma Highway Patrol tactical officers about 11:30 p.m. Monday, patrol spokesman Capt. Chris West said.

Before the shootout, police evacuated about 10 units near the one in which the woman had barricaded herself in the apartment complex, the Charlemagne Apartments on Kimbell Road just north of State Highway 66, or Main Street, and east of State Highway 4.
    Authorities then decided to try and "make contact" with the woman using a bomb squad robot, which West said is used to communicate with a suspect during a standoff instead of putting officers in "harm's way."
    At some point, the woman exited the unit and fired several rounds at officers outside the apartment building, who then returned fire, killing her.
    Yukon police Deputy Chief John Corn said the standoff began about 6:15 p.m. after at least two people, identified as either bail bondsmen or bounty hunters, reported to police that the woman had fired a single shot at them with a rifle from inside the apartment.
    The two people were either employees of or contracting with Abraham's Bail Bonds out of Oklahoma City, Corn said, and had come to the apartment to arrest the woman on a complaint that she had failed to appear in Oklahoma County District Court that morning.

link
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    She won't do that again.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

PapaBear is offline SgtCHP-Retired
    Another case of suicide by police. Now, the officers have to struggle in order to get their heads straight before they realize and accept fully that the incident was a necessary use of force. Prayers to the officers.
    Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
    [George Washington (1732 - 1799)]

mike01 is offline patrol deputy
    Verified LEO
    I am glad the officer's were not harmed. Having been shot at and dealing with a situation like that,she got exactly what she wanted. It is a sad way to go,but if you pointa gun at me,regardless of your intention,I will most surely shot to kill! I agree that suicide by cop was her intention. The officer's did their duty.Now,hopefully,they will get a few administrative days off to get right,and hopefully return to duty! Good job to the Oklahoma patrol.

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    I feel bad for the Officers. If they want to die then just kill themself don't put anyone else at risk.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Probation13-901 View Post
    I feel bad for the Officers. If they want to die then just kill themself don't put anyone else at risk.
    They don't have the guts to do it so they have a cop do it for them. Also if the religion forbids suicide they didn't do it they were killed by the hands of another.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Thread Information