Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Ask a Terrorist! Al-Qaida invites questions on its internet forums

Al-Qaida has invited journalists to send questions to its No. 2 figure Ayman al-Zawahri, the first time the terror network has offered an "interview" with one of its top leaders since the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks in the United States.

The invitation - issued by Al-Sahab, the group's media arm on an Islamic militant Web site - is the latest in al-Qaida's increasingly sophisticated efforts to get out its message. Al-Sahab has dramatically increased the number of messages it has issued this year, and its videos have shown more complex production.

The statement, first posted Sunday, invites "individuals, agencies and all media" to submit written questions for al-Zawahri by sending them to the Islamic Web forums where Al-Sahab traditionally posts its messages. Al-Sahab asked the forums to send it the questions "by the letter, with no changes or substitutions, no matter whether they agree or disagree (with the question)."

It said it would take questions until Jan. 16, then al-Zawahri would answer them "as much as he is able and at the soonest possible occasion." It did not say whether his answers would come in a written, video or audio form.

The authenticity of the invitation could not be independently confirmed. It was posted with the logo of Al-Sahab and the style of graphics and calligraphy it traditionally uses, along with a photo of al-Zawahri. The message appeared on several Web sites that Al-Sahab officially uses for issuing statements.

Al-Zawahri, the deputy of Osama bin Laden, appeared in a video posted Monday that took the form of an interview with Al-Sahab. An unseen interviewer could be heard asking questions to the Egyptian-born militant, who answered, sitting in front of shelves stacked with books of Islamic law and theology.

Al-Zawahri and bin Laden gave a few interviews to Western and Arabic press since they first rose to prominence in the 1990s. Neither has been interviewed since the Sept. 11 attacks and the subsequent U.S. invasion of Afghanistan, which toppled al-Qaida's patrons the Taliban and sent al-Qaida's leaders into hiding. Bin Laden and al-Zawahri are believed to be in the lawless regions along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.

http://abcnews.go.com/International/...4026750&page=1

In a First, Al Qaeda Invites Journalists to Send Questions to No. 2 Al-Zawahri
    Individuals may also post questions on the Al-Sahab website
    By Maggie MICHAEL
    Cairo, EGYPT Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Cst.SB is offline Officer First Class
    Holy crap Jenna 4430 posts?

You really need to get a TV! (and some sunlight!)

ManImBored is offline Ninja In Training
    Verified LEO
    Next they will have a text message service where you can sign up and they will send you daily text messages to kill the infidels.
    "Sometimes doing the right thing, is not doing the right thing."

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Dear Mr. Al-Zawahri:

How have you been? I hope this letter finds you and your friend Osama well. I know you haven't seen much sunlight since we
    achieved air superiority over Afghanistan, but really, you could use a tanning bed to sort of perk up your appearance. I know the western media would like to portray you as feeling much better than you look.

Well, enough small talk Ayman. Now for my question:

WTF, over? Do you like being ass raped by the United States military? Is that cave cozy and warm this time of year? Can Santa find you.....oh never mind, wrong religion. Is the goat tender and moist? How about those shepperd boys....kinda cute, huh?

Well, that was all I wanted to know. Please let me know about the ass raping because I know some people and I am sure I can get you done again soon.

Your friend in the states....Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Donut Aficionado is offline The Hillbilly Warlord
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Dear Mr. Al-Zawahri:

How have you been? I hope this letter finds you and your friend Osama well. I know you haven't seen much sunlight since we
    achieved air superiority over Afghanistan, but really, you could use a tanning bed to sort of perk up your appearance. I know the western media would like to portray you as feeling much better than you look.

WTF, over? Do you like being ass raped by the United States military? Is that cave cozy and warm this time of year? Can Santa find you.....oh never mind, wrong religion. Is the goat tender and moist? How about those shepperd boys....kinda cute, huh?

Well, that was all I wanted to know. Please let me know about the ass raping because I know some people and I am sure I can get you done again soon.

I would love to see someone top that!!! rep sent!!!!
    Insert witty comment and disclaimer here.

Ender is offline Three Sheets...
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Donut Aficionado View Post
    I would love to see someone top that!!! rep sent!!!!
    +1.

Car4, that post is awesome on so many levels!

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'd ask him "Who do you support in the next Presidential election?" (Anyone have an idea of what the answer may be?)
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

phoenix Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Dear Mr. Al-Zawahri:

Now THIS is where I should of posted the fk a diaper head in,huh?Drank too much crown the other night,up too late,and even saw the 9/11 on the post,and thats why I said what I did.I take it personal.Some LE sites Iv'e been on,have posters who claim to be students,etc.Alot of them are probably the enemy trying to gather info.What better place for them to do it,than a site operated by LE?Im a conspiracy theorist.Sorry again,to you all,for my demented comment.Actually,it wasn't demented,just in the wrong area.Kay?

Thread Information