Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Tattoo Gun

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO

Tattoo Gun

Men Shot With .357 as They Traced It for Tattoo Pattern

Getting a tattoo can be a painful proposition, but usually it's just the needle you have to worry about. Two men trying to trace a loaded .357-caliber Magnum as a pattern for a tattoo accidentally shot themselves, the Otero County Sheriff's Department said Monday.
    Robert Glasser and Joey Acosta, both 22, were treated at a hospital in El Paso, Texas, after the shooting Thursday evening in nearby Chaparral.
    Authorities said Glasser was struck in the hand when the gun accidentally went off, and Acosta was hit in the left arm. Their injuries were not life-threatening, authorities said.

link
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

Probation13-901 is offline Master Officer
    What an dumbass, did he think of unloading it before he stated tracing it.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Darwin Award candidates, both of them.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I suggest that they cover the gunshot wound scars with a tattoo of a jackass. I think that might serve as a fitting reminder.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO
    "When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

oldtrooper is offline Rookie
    It has happened to the best of us. Way back in the 60's two troopers were sitting in the front seat of the patrol car. The one on the right (no.1) had just taken a .22 off an arrestee and was trying to unload same. This was when automobiles had metal dashes. The pistol went off as it was pointed toward the right side of the dash and hit in the curved part near the edge. It then went across the vehicle and hit the curved part near the edge and continued into the left bicep of (no.2) who was sitting behind the wheel. Not fatal but damned embarassing.

They never lived that one down.

cajunguy is offline I LOVE my ParaOrd .45ACP!
    Verified LEO
    Reminds me of one of our deputies years ago sitting in the passenger seat and trying to clear a round out of the chamber of the 12 Ga. after a hot call.

Luckily the muzzle was pointed up when it went off.

He had to try to explain to the Lt. how the light bar got blown off the roof of the car. Literally!!

(He made Lt. himself a few years later.) Go figure.

The Swamp Mafia -
    "Heaven doesn't want us,
    and Hell's afraid we'll take over!!"

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Same thing happened to me & my partner as we were leaving the station he was getting ready to load the shotgun. hit the button pivoted the shotgun down as he pulled the slide down, looked down the barrel saw it was clear and didn't see the shell that was sitting on the carrier then shoved the gun back into lock as he slid the slide forward then snapped the trigger on the supposedly empty chamber before I could warn him about hearing the secondary clunk as he first pulled the slide back. Needless to say it got loud fast in the car. missed a brand new lightbar by 2" but put a shoulder width pattern in the tin roof above us.

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I'd worry about an artist that had to get a tracing to do the ink in the first place.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information